Any guns you regret buying"

I dont necessarily regret buying it but the TX200 was the most disappointing springer I ever bought. I had purchased a .22 HW97K and the gun was just phenomenal. I had only ever used Gamos prior to that so my expectations weren't exactly high for springers in general.

Skip ahead a few months and I started asking myself "if a $500 springer can do this, I wonder how amazing a $900 one is?" I ended up getting a TX200HC in .22 and quickly found out that I wasn't paying more for a better shooting gun. I was paying more for a prettier gun. My 97K actually outshot that TX200 by quite a bit.
Exact same experience and mine was a tuned TX200. It’s supposed to be a rifle that can be passed down from generation to generation, but loctite for a shroud…come one Air Arms. The shroud came off the barrel…

All my Weihrauch’s have never had any faults. Heck…I‘ve owned Dianas that I 100% know would’ve lasted a lifetime.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I regret buying my first Leshiy 2. Being a highly modular and customizable system with lots of parts available, it inevitably leads to a situation where you start swapping parts, then you look at the pile of parts left over from previous upgrades and think "wow, I almost have a complete gun there, I just need to buy 2 or 3 little things"... and then the cycle repeats. Damn things just start multiplying. Same as with AR-15s, except it's an even larger money pit!

I regret buying my first Leshiy 2. Being a highly modular and customizable system with lots of parts available, it inevitably leads to a situation where you start swapping parts, then you look at the pile of parts left over from previous upgrades and think "wow, I almost have a complete gun there, I just need to buy 2 or 3 little things"... and then the cycle repeats. Damn things just start multiplying. Same as with AR-15s, except it's an even larger money pit!
I hear ya. I really thought this would be different than firearms. I found a trigger pin for an AR in the corner of my shop. Obviously, I had to build a gun around it, right?
I see that cycle repeating itself here….

I am surprised that more people didn't mention AEA after all the bad hype I've heard. I have an AEA HP SS .30 that I am very happy with. It's quirky but fun. Next one I get will probably be the AEA HP Max .45 caliber. Also have Hatsan Bullboss and Bully, both in .25 caliber. The only things I dislike about them is the weight and how loud the Bully is. Only regret is not learning about these things 30 years ago.

Reactions: Firewalker
I am surprised that more people didn't mention AEA after all the bad hype I've heard. I have an AEA HP SS .30 that I am very happy with. It's quirky but fun. Next one I get will probably be the AEA HP Max .45 caliber. Also have Hatsan Bullboss and Bully, both in .25 caliber. The only things I dislike about them is the weight and how loud the Bully is. Only regret is not learning about these things 30 years ago.

I have several AEA guns, each one is "quirky" as you say but they always deliver!

I dont regret buying them as they were the best gun for the money. My .22 semi-auto is amazing with double taps and the Varmint is the Powerhouse I use for Whistle Pig elimination.

Only airgun I ever regret buying was the BSA 240 air pistol back in 1995. I gave that gun many chances it was crap. The only way to hit the barn door was to throw the gun itself. The rear sight was garbage. So much so, I couldn’t sell it in good faith. So I gave it away. An article in the Airgun Letter by Tom Gaylord led me to believe it could compare to my Beeman P1.

View attachment 310518
Maybe he meant leg end lol
Mine is gamo coyote " gauge broke as soon as I put air into it.
Shot all over the place the minute I put a silencer on it and I just hate everything about it basically " gathered dust second day after buying it.
I may use as a cricket bat when the season starts

Reactions: L.Leon
The Aspen!🤬🤬 All it's been is a $400 paper weight for the last 2 years and it's not the pump. Can't get the ✔️ valves to seal and have given up. Going to try and make it a bottle gun.
I had nova freedom same as Aspen bejesus you need Arnie to hold it why you shoot it lol
About 10lb unscoped.
I took off pump and lost 5lb straight away made adapter and converted to a bottle.
I was given it so nothing to lose really " it shoots well very much avengerish
I had poppet seal problem I made a new one from delrin and still going strong 2 years later

Last edited:
Yes… The AEA semi-auto. It’s .25 cal, but very pressure sensitive. It jams at 3600 psi and most times lower than 2500. When I say jam, I mean fails to cycle. I realize that the puff of air has to propel the projectile and cycle the action. But it’s just too unreliable to shoot with any regularity. Just not fun to shoot..I mean that’s part of why we shoot airguns, right? Well at any rate I may sell it and get another semi-auto. I have a Benjamin SAM, but it has issues too…maybe I’ll get a Huben or a SK-19.. Oh btw, I think everyone on here knows this hobby becomes an investment..l😂 I may let the rifle go..IDK…. Shoot straight,and my you have endless air supply.. Stickman..

Reactions: Firewalker
Yes… The AEA semi-auto. It’s .25 cal, but very pressure sensitive. It jams at 3600 psi and most times lower than 2500. When I say jam, I mean fails to cycle. I realize that the puff of air has to propel the projectile and cycle the action. But it’s just too unreliable to shoot with any regularity. Just not fun to shoot..I mean that’s part of why we shoot airguns, right? Well at any rate I may sell it and get another semi-auto. I have a Benjamin SAM, but it has issues too…maybe I’ll get a Huben or a SK-19.. Oh btw, I think everyone on here knows this hobby becomes an investment..l😂 I may let the rifle go..IDK…. Shoot straight,and my you have endless air supply.. Stickman..

The fix:

20221223_162558 (2).jpg

I bought a Ruger airhawk elite 2 from Walmart. I don’t regret buying it because the gun was bad but because inside the box was a legacy 1000. Got straight up ripped off at Walmart. Customer service was like “call the manufacturer” who was I supposed to call? There was an entirely different airgun in the box. I learned my lesson. I did buy the actual airgun and it sits away in a corner cause in hindsite after that experience I should have just given up.