Any guns you regret buying"

A couple...
FX Monsoon... no reliability whatsoever. After a couple returns for repair, I asked for my money back.
FX Royale .177... early gun with ST barrel. Was light, nice... but 50-60 shots and accuracy would go to crap. Clean barrel, accuracy comes back. Sold it under full disclosure to the buyer. Ruined me on FX in .177 until very recently when I got a used Impact in .177 that so far has been a great performer.

Hatsan Bullmaster... heavy... moderately reliable... ugly (reminds me of an old Army term for a fuel can spout)...and did I mention heavy? It did have good accuracy and great shot count.... and it was heavy and ugly (I may have mentioned that)

I think that's really it. I think most other guns have given me a good level of enjoyment, be it from out of the box performance or mod/tune potential.

I definitely have two. The first airgun I ever bought. Gamo swarm magnum.22. Most inaccurate, inconsistent pile of junk ever. And also my Hatsan.30 cal break barrel. I think I could get a higher fps with a slingshot. And it’s a HUGE gun, would never wanna carry that through the woods for long.

I definitely have two. The first airgun I ever bought. Gamo swarm magnum.22. Most inaccurate, inconsistent pile of junk ever. And also my Hatsan.30 cal break barrel. I think I could get a higher fps with a slingshot. And it’s a HUGE gun, would never wanna carry that through the woods for long.
Not to go off track here, but I have been looking at that .30 Hatsan since it came out... every time I get close to pulling the trigger to get one, I see a post like this. I need it about as much as I need a third nipple... but I always look. The last time I was serious, I had a coworker hit me up who had gotten one last year and asked me why that his gun now was easy to cock, rattles and wont shoot a pellet. That pretty much sealed it for me. I told him it sounded like a broken spring, but good luck getting a replacement. He wanted to stick with springers (the Hatsan was his first and only experience with an airgun) so I steered him towards an RWS 54 and actually found him one at the Hickory show and mailed to him.

Reactions: Miami Airgunner
Are there any guns that you regret buying because they didn't live up to your expectations, were prone to failure, bad support, undependable, not accurate, whatever... I know there are a couple I'd not buy again if I had it to do over.
Just curious if others feel the same way and why.
yes, i have had a few that were not very friendly.

I dont necessarily regret buying it but the TX200 was the most disappointing springer I ever bought. I had purchased a .22 HW97K and the gun was just phenomenal. I had only ever used Gamos prior to that so my expectations weren't exactly high for springers in general.

Skip ahead a few months and I started asking myself "if a $500 springer can do this, I wonder how amazing a $900 one is?" I ended up getting a TX200HC in .22 and quickly found out that I wasn't paying more for a better shooting gun. I was paying more for a prettier gun. My 97K actually outshot that TX200 by quite a bit.

The only airgun I kinda regret is a refurbished Hatsan Edge in 25 cal. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the gun in terms of functionality or even accuracy for that matter. The issue that I have is that I only got about 600 FPS out of it, so the pellets dropped like a rock after 25 yards which, given how much more 25 cal pellets cost is just not worth it. I only paid 60 bucks for it and that included shipping, so I'm really not out anything since I can use it for parts for my striker in 22 if the need ever arises.

Crosman 2100. Just too much trouble trying to get a pellet in the loading port. Ending up getting a powermaster 66 out of a dumpster that is much easier to load, and more accurate. Just something for basement plonking in the winter.

Happy with all my expensive purchases, Wolverine, Revere, HW97K. Those were all right where I expected.

Reactions: Puppadore
Only airgun I ever regret buying was the BSA 240 air pistol back in 1995. I gave that gun many chances it was crap. The only way to hit the barn door was to throw the gun itself. The rear sight was garbage. So much so, I couldn’t sell it in good faith. So I gave it away. An article in the Airgun Letter by Tom Gaylord led me to believe it could compare to my Beeman P1.

F85D3185-58C9-4E9B-96A8-98F405F05236.jpeg

Last edited: