• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

DAR Any good DAR Gen3s out there?

Coinwa

May 19, 2024
I know there’s a lot of negative press on these cheap rifles…. but my .22 G3 just never seems to disappoint.

Had it a couple years, and shot it a lot. Gassed it up last week and remounted a Wraith Mini on top. Here’s 30 shots from a full 22MPa fill. Trigger spring tuned back a little to throttle the Crosman 14.3s back to 900 fps. Shoots the 14.66 H&N even better. Probably still have another 15-20 solid shots before I’m off the reg.

Anyone else have love for the DAR?

IMG_3357.jpeg

I like my .25 cal. It consistently puts a JSB heavy on an aspirin at 50 yards and lays the smack down on raccoons.

I had a .22 ‘Cuda Max for about 24 hours. No way is the Max better than the DAR. I’ll take the standard Airacuda over the Max (my girl loves her Aoracuda). Using the thumb hole stock on the Max is akin to snuggling with a 2x4, and it’s a full 2# heavier. The stock on the ‘Cuda standard has great ergos, and I love how simple and svelte it is.

Buddy has a Max, and my DAR easily outshoots it across the board… light pellets, heavy pellets, slugs…. doesn’t matter, the DAR shoots them all well.

IMG_0824.jpeg

Reactions: Shaky2
I had a .22 ‘Cuda Max for about 24 hours. No way is the Max better than the DAR. I’ll take the standard Airacuda over the Max (my girl loves her Aoracuda). Using the thumb hole stock on the Max is akin to snuggling with a 2x4, and it’s a full 2# heavier. The stock on the ‘Cuda standard has great ergos, and I love how simple and svelte it is.

Buddy has a Max, and my DAR easily outshoots it across the board… light pellets, heavy pellets, slugs…. doesn’t matter, the DAR shoots them all well.

View attachment 467200
I have a Jts Max and a Dar 3 and I like the Dar better cause its smaller and lighter and is probably more accurate than the Max. My Dar is very accurate shooting Norma 17.6 gr

Um....

The MAX doesn’t have a bulky grip at all, nor does it have the bulky foregrip of the DAR.

My .22 & .25 are exceptional then because they do better than all 5 of the DAR's I owned.

Yes, the DAR and Airacuda's are heavy but I don't hunt with them so it's no big deal. I use them for teaching others to shoot and do benchrest shooting.

20230520_175331.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizz01