• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any Fx Impact X Mk2 Owners Shooting slugs

I was going to say the same thing as stoti but I have a Mark1. All of the dealers I checked with, and that was many, were out of stock on the .25 600mm slug liner A which is the one you want if your gun has the 600mm barrel.

http://penchetta.com/fx-stx-slug-liner-a-25-cal-600mm/ May have one they don't say out of stock .

I wish you luck. Don't forget you need to tune the gun for the slugs to group well and it may take a few hundred rounds to get the harmonic tune just right so buy lots-o-slugs. The NSA and VarmintKnocker slugs group outstanding with the slug barrels. Dealers with slugs that werq well with the FX liners will usually say" for FX slug liners".

Advantages are greater FPE at medium to long range, greater expansion of hollow points, half the windage correction of pellets, and excellent performance at ridiculous ranges. Slugs will usually outperform pellets in every way from 100yards and beyond.

I was going to say the same thing as stoti but I have a Mark1. All of the dealers I checked with, and that was many, were out of stock on the .25 600mm slug liner A which is the one you want if your gun has the 600mm barrel.

http://penchetta.com/fx-stx-slug-liner-a-25-cal-600mm/ May have one they don't say out of stock .

I wish you luck. Don't forget you need to tune the gun for the slugs to group well and it may take a few hundred rounds to get the harmonic tune just right so buy lots-o-slugs. The NSA and VarmintKnocker slugs group outstanding with the slug barrels. Dealers with slugs that werq well with the FX liners will usually say" for FX slug liners".

Advantages are greater FPE at medium to long range, greater expansion of hollow points, half the windage correction of pellets, and excellent performance at ridiculous ranges. Slugs will usually outperform pellets in every way from 100yards and beyond.

Nice informative write up. But, I think I would have said "Slugs can outperform pellets in every way from 0 yards and beyond." 

Just my experience with the right slug. 

Nice informative write up. But, I think I would have said "Slugs can outperform pellets in every way from 0 yards and beyond." 

Just my experience with the right slug.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/pellets-v-slugs-the-latest-from-matt-dubber-2/

Seems most still think pellets have an advantage at shorter ranges (50 yards?) while slugs should have an advantage at longer ranges if your gun can power them.

One thing about the .25 slug liners is that if you get tired of trying to get slugs to shoot well, they shoot JSB king heavy MKIIs really well at about 890fps. This 10 shot group was shot resting on the bed side side of my truck at 61yds and I am by no means the worlds greatest shooter. I can only imagine it would only get better from a bench.

1567137527_237640625d689ef7173ad1.35597028_FDACE1EB-B6DC-492B-815E-B3CD835A30E1.jpeg
1567137618_17854993445d689f52071fe0.73209265_10BD3102-DB77-4D41-BC59-D5F2D9103756.jpeg