Any experience with the new Crown MK II ?

I am loving my Crown MKII. One of the most accurate rifles I’ve shot with 18gr and 25gr.

As far as getting a slug to 900 FPS, that isn’t going to be a problem. But the question is what size slug are you wanting to push a slug 900 FPS?

I did a tiny little bit of slug testing a week or so ago, and I couldn’t get it to like the 17.5 or 20.5 NSAs that I had on hand with the settings I have in place. It didn’t seem to care for the KOs either, but they were better. But it liked the hybrids much better. That is all based on the setup I have right now for my pellets and I wasn’t willing to change it up. They all were over 900 FPS, but I’m guessing they needed to go faster in some cases. I didn’t keep notes on the specifics.

I am not adjusting this rifle for slugs, so I probably won’t even adjust any more, but it can definitely handle them. 

Smok3y;

I experimented with slugs in my Dreamline and have an assortment of slugs (22 caliber) in the 20 to 30 grain range. I never was satisfied with the results from the Dreamline. Watching Matt Dauber, Raulf and Gerhardt's YouTube videos, they are shooting slugs between 900 and 1000 fps. Based off their experience, I want a gun with that much power to shoot slugs. If you've got the power you can always tune it down. What length barrel are you using? Thanks.

I’m using a 600mm Superior liner. My reg is at 150, and top speed is around 950ish with 25RDs as set.

Watching some videos, I think the standard Superior liner can shoot some slugs well, if you have the right size, and find the speed they like. 

As far as having the power and tuning it down, sure can. The problem is keeping the low end low enough for my 18s and still getting the top end for slugs, without messing with the settings all the time. It is shooting 18gr better than any rifle I’ve owned on MIN, and while the tune is not perfect (hammer spring is a little too high), I’m not going to change it up for slugs, when it is shooting the both pellets this well. Slugs can be another rifle’s job. (Good excuse for another one anyway!)

My .22 Crown MK2 (600mm) LOVES the Knockouts at right around 970 (ish).... The below are three 7 shot groups I believe these were shot at 40 yards...

Also loves the 25.4 Redesigns at 910....

20201120_162508.1608349380.jpg

Mikelo123;

Nice groups. What regulator pressure and power wheel settings are you using to get that velocity? 

Are any of you guys using the synthetic stock? I've never seen or handled an FX synthetic stock and wonder if they are solid and rigid. If they're quality stocks I might go that route for the weight savings, but if they aren't solid and rigid, the black and yellow laminated stock is appealing. Thanks.

Mikelo123;

Nice groups. What regulator pressure and power wheel settings are you using to get that velocity? 

Are any of you guys using the synthetic stock? I've never seen or handled an FX synthetic stock and wonder if they are solid and rigid. If they're quality stocks I might go that route for the weight savings, but if they aren't solid and rigid, the black and yellow laminated stock is appealing. Thanks.

I have had two FX Crowns, both with synthetic stocks. I actually love them. They are very solid and have a nice soft touch to them. Highly recommended.

Chris

I've been running slugs thru a new superior carbon fiber bonded 500mm superlight barrel on a mk1 continuum. The difference in ease of tuning, and out the box performance is just silly. I'm pretty well tickled

Do you have any pictures of how you did this? Are you using the same lite barrel system shroud or???

129757251_10158776034294034_5915731513241631875_o.1608438517.jpg

Note small space for jam nut to turn/slide.

Carbon tube is an odd size. Ordered from Earnest Rowe's custom shop.

I recon you could jam 2 supports together toward the muzzle, and that would be fine. But I felt best about doing it this way. Tried to keep the 2 sections as long as possible, and they are epoxied up against the sandwiched support, they are epoxied at full length to the barrel. This gun was shooting at just under 75 yards. Definitely sub MOA with griffin 21gr LDC slugs. I had wanted to dial it in with 25gr, but my regulator gauge got bumped, and I couldnt iron out where my pressure was at exactly, so was down on power. Shooting them at 940fps. I wish I did take pictures and measure groups, but most of my time was spent getting my gear rounded up, table, chrono, tank, tools, ect. Then unpacking, setting up, and then trimming branches to get a clear line out to the rock face on the opposite side of a creek off my friend's deck. Got off work early, and was working against the setting sun

I was also testing an original 500mm .22 mk1 impact smooth twist (not X) barrel. A direct drop in for the crown platform. And has 1/2x20 threaded muzzle, so will be super easy to setup a shroud for 

DSC_0658_edited.1608438896.jpg