Any experience with NSA 43.5 grain .250 ammo in a 1-17 twist barrel.

Now that I have given up a half century of casting, I need to buy some slugs.

I have some 6.35 Altaros kings, 67 grains coming for my 28 inch TJ 1-14 barrel. I tried some very tight resized 257420’s at 73 grains just to see what velocity I can get, 825 fps was obtained, so I should have the velocity needed.

So as the title reads; I am looking to buy a replacement for the 43.5 grain slug I used to cast, they are magazine fed and fired from a 18 inch barrel 1-17 twist, hence the question about the NSA 43.5 .250 slug. I size to .251 and that is a snug fit so .250 will work.

Have you tried them in a barrel with the correct twist, correct groove diameter? I can shoot them anywhere from 850/940 fps.

And what does “grey” mean in the description, is this a lube or non cleaned slugs? I have used 30 wt Trac silicone on cast Airgun slugs for a decade, so I don’t mind washing them and relubing if need be.

Thanks in advance,

Roachcreek

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Not sure about.much other than what you entwined about the "grey".
I've come across this a time or two. It's usually in reference as to the actual coloring of the pellets.
An example would be to look at any Excite brand low priced pellets' coloring vs say an RWS pointed, which are shiny metallic...a "silver" some label them as.