• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Any experience with Impulse Air Moderators?

I put one on my wife’s Maverick 600 mm, 22. We had a DFL Tatsu on it before. Nothing wrong with the DFL, but we found out we could order the Impulse in pink and the lady likes pink.
I was not expecting much from it but it is noticeably quieter with the Impulse 1200. The beauty of it is the slim design and light weight. It can also be added to for more noise reduction and tuning.
It is slim enough that when her 500 mm barrel arrives next week she can leave the 480 CC CF bottle in place with no clearance issues. The gun did not lose any accuracy and the POI change was minimal.
Thus far I am a fan.

I have the 1200 on my Wildcat MK3 BT Compact in .22. I can now run a 480cc bottle which for me helps not only with shot count but also with balance. It looks and feels like quality and I like it! I only shoot mostly pellets with my Wildcat and have noticed a tightening of my groups. That's to say that the groups that were already sub MOA at 87 yards are a little better. It has an air stripper like quality that I feel aids in this regard. I was going to buy another well know brand but do to it's slimline design and it's impressive noise suppression it came home with me. With typical air gun moderators size or rather volume matters but due to it's design it's very effective. It might be me but I also feel as though it tames the high power shots by directing more energy back at the shoulder and minimizing muzzle flip. I seem to stay on target better.
Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Hi, I'm a new member lurking around the forum and saw your post asking for experience for the Impulse air moderators. I purchased mine a few weeks ago, it's a 1350 model for 25 cal ( I selected 25 cal because I wanted no chance for any baffle strikes on my 22cal gun). I installed it on my 22 cal Diana Stormrider PCP and it is absolutely freaking amazing. I elected to buy the 1350 model 25 cal with 2 extra baffles. Without it installed, my Diana Stormrider would sound like a staple gun. With the Impulse air installed, I can only hear the "Ca-chunk" of the action firing, from the muzzle end it sounds like a soft cover book dropping on a wooden floor, it's really really impressive. It really turns your airgun into a backyard friendly piece that you can shoot all day without worries. You should absolutely get one if you can afford it.

impulse air 6x 25cal.jpg

Just received my IA-1350 in blue, and installed it on my FX Impact MkIII 600mm in .22 - I ordered the .22 silencer with the stock 4 baffles. Shipped fast and was well packed, with extra goodies in the box ( patch, candy )

I have the DFL FX silencer you can add when you buy the FX - it is a great value and does a nice job. I was impressed already when I saw how quiet the FX Impact was.

I would say the IA-1350 is quieter that the DFL FX - but both are very quiet. I have not done an accuracy test yet, just a basic test to see if I could notice one as quieter than the other - and the IA-1350 is quieter in my opinion. I am glad I went with the larger volume of the IA-1350 for a few $ more.

As has been stated before the IA is a well manufactured bit of gear - and the ability to customize with color or additional baffles is pretty awesome.

I would say that they need some nicer pictures of the different colors up on the web - the blue was nicer in person than in the pictures. It is a nice sapphire color.

I just bought a IA with extra (red) baffles, wish they'd had white, then I'd have gone Red, White and Blue...running a Maverick .22 Compact 100psi 2nd, according to my iPhone app, it's 107/109 which is 12 -9 higher than my Zbroia .22 Moderator....BUT....the IA is better for the accuracy so.....do I worry abou the neighbors and possibly the LEOS of just say phooey on it. I'm behind a fence and lots of high dense bushes.

I just bought a IA with extra (red) baffles, wish they'd had white, then I'd have gone Red, White and Blue...running a Maverick .22 Compact 100psi 2nd, according to my iPhone app, it's 107/109 which is 12 -9 higher than my Zbroia .22 Moderator....BUT....the IA is better for the accuracy so.....do I worry abou the neighbors and possibly the LEOS of just say phooey on it. I'm behind a fence and lots of high dense bushes.
You really have to have someone you trust shoot your airgun while you are downrange in a protected area (behind a tree or something). This will give you a better understanding of how loud the gun really is. 3db registers as twice the sound energy and roughly 25% louder to our ears. So a small increase in the number can mean a pretty big difference in what you hear.

Reactions: OldSpook
You really have to have someone you trust shoot your airgun while you are downrange in a protected area (behind a tree or something). This will give you a better understanding of how loud the gun really is. 3db registers as twice the sound energy and roughly 25% louder to our ears. So a small increase in the number can mean a pretty big difference in what you hear.
Yes, I'm aware of the math, as a 'test' there is a street on the other side of my fence and bushes, along the long side of my range, people walk there, I've been shooting and nary a comment, don't really want to push it too much though. I really don't like companies that blow smoke and don't give any real numbers like, we are using this gun, it's xxx db unmoderated, with our moderator it's XXX db. YMMV with your gun. I'm thinking of trying a Silent Thunder Sarissa. To your first point, yes, I'm going to have a friend do it or one of my grandkids, pretty sure they don't want me too gone.

I have the 1200 in .25 caliber and and extra baffle. Qualify is very good and it does silence well although I need to put the db meter on it. I only have another .25 caliber moderator but it is an AGT on my Uragan .25. Both are back yard usable. I'll have to meter both and post results. Both my 0db and Huggett moderators are quieter, but they are on .22 and .177 calibers, so a bit less air to quiet.

Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago there were all that I was expecting to be .. a very effective air striper .. no more cloth fixing on my condors .. they will make a loud gun usable indoors.. but no way backyard friendly.. in my case I wanted a solid moderator with no mesh and cloth inside..and they perform flawless for my use.. so if the mesh n cloth rolling back is a problem on your gun moderator.. for now this is a way to solve that issue..
Screenshot_20221203-192034_Gallery.jpg