Any experience on Hill Mk3 vs Mk4 pumping effort?

My father owns an MK4, I own an MK3. I've used both multiple times for multiple fills. I cannot tell the difference between one or the other. I prefer the MK3 to the MK4 for the metal feet/base.

Thanks LMNOP, I watched some you tube video where the guy compared the two and had a similar opinion as yours on the plastic base, and he thought MK4 was a tad easier to pump the last six inches, but nothing major. Have you had any maintenance issues with your 3 and does it seem well built?

Thanks LMNOP, I watched some you tube video where the guy compared the two and had a similar opinion as yours on the plastic base, and he thought MK4 was a tad easier to pump the last six inches, but nothing major. Have you had any maintenance issues with your 3 and does it seem well built?

It seems very well built, I live in a humid environment so I made my own desiccant filter for it (check my post history I described the system/photographed it). Both the MK3 and the MK4 sit a bit "low" for me and when manually pumping it contorts my back in an uncomfortable manner. I had considered putting a 4x4 under it and welding some angle iron to the ears. I wouldn't be able to do this with the plastic feet on the MK4.

When filling my Gamo Urban from around 1000 PSI to 3000 PSI it's about 71 pumps the last 30 or so more difficult than the first 41. I would say I average 1 pump down every 1 second and pause for 2-3 seconds after completion of the upward movement to allow the air to fill from the desiccant system and maximize the air during the downward pump.

I sent you a private message as well.