Any Evanix shooters in the house?

i have a rainstorm in 30 cal,it is by far the worst rifle i have ever owned,two trips to will and its still not right still leaking air.its shoots ok but not that great.tuned at 855fps for 14 shots.its regulated with huma regulator...i have not shot it 100 times without it leaking air.at over $200 a trip to repair its getting beyond what its worth in just repairs.it is said that another mans trash is another mans treasure so this rifle may be another mans treasure but to me its trash...

Ah, that’s good info!

I know other brands have had an issue with the grips cracking/splitting too (Streamline/Red Wolf). That is always a weak point with wood and thin grips or steep grip angles. I bought my Streamline at a discount because the grip was split and I just repaired a synthetic Streamline stock that was broken in two at the grip. I remove the action and drill down through the grip and epoxy a steel rod in to keep this from happening again after making the repair. I have been successful

i have a rainstorm in 30 cal,it is by far the worst rifle i have ever owned,two trips to will and its still not right still leaking air.its shoots ok but not that great.tuned at 855fps for 14 shots.its regulated with huma regulator...i have not shot it 100 times without it leaking air.at over $200 a trip to repair its getting beyond what its worth in just repairs.it is said that another mans trash is another mans treasure so this rifle may be another mans treasure but to me its trash...
Would that be the .30 I bought from you? :)
If so, We both found out it did, and still does hold air. Believe We came to the conclusion that storeing it in your shed was probably the problem. Wild temperature swings from cold to hot causing the leak. I filled it when I brought it home and to this day does not leak.
I won't say it's hole in hole at 50 yards, but it will take the head off a Starling at 50 yards easy. 1 90+ yard shot dropped a G-hog DRT!
So your trash did become my treasure and I Thank You for a fine gun.
:giggle:

Evanix ?....to bad they stopped producing the Rainstorms, hard to beat for 600 bucks as a rugged, reliable, powerful hunter, great magazine, nice sidelever, farely light and short,.....the .22 and .30s where very accurate models

It took me awhile to wamp up to the REX platform but I love it now and wish I did turn before,
I would have many more REXs in various calibers and less of the standard rifles

That RainStorm .30 Carbine you and I had was a REALLY good Rifle!
Still kind of regret trading it back to you!
;)

That said? I still have the Sniper .50 and the Max Air .25
That little .30 sure is an Amazing tiny gun, it shoots everything good even the EPP/UG, it now sit in a beautiful wood stock that suits it to perfection.

That little .30 sure is an Amazing tiny gun, it shoots everything good even the EPP/UG, it now sit in a beautiful wood stock that suits it to perfection.
Now you KNOW I need a picture of that!
Last time I shot it? It took 4 coons at 30 yards one after the other!
Also took several coons at 70 yards! Never expected that from so short a barrel!
Wanna sell or trade it? Again?

I have a .22 cal. AR6 Renegade that I got in 2009, the 40-42 foot lb. version of AR6. It has only had one leak in all this time, had to replace the o-ring on the inlet valve. The only drawback is that is only accurate with the two Eun Jin/Seneca pellets. I shot some of the original JSB Monsters in it and they weren't very accurate. The Skenco Newboy Seniors did fairly well from it but they're not available any longer plus not as good as the Eun Jins. I need to test some of the the Redesigned Monsters as I have read they are nuch better from these Korean made rifles. The Korean made 28-1/2 gr domes work very well in it.

Reactions: fatmatic
Now you KNOW I need a picture of that!
Last time I shot it? It took 4 coons at 30 yards one after the other!
Also took several coons at 70 yards! Never expected that from so short a barrel!
Wanna sell or trade it? Again?
Here you go Jeff,

one fantastic and one of a kind little .30

ATMP0008.jpg

Reactions: Bernie7
Have a Cloud Ultra in 30cal, Rex BA in .357, and a Ibex in 45cal. and the Raptor SA. All have been tuned by yours truly. accurate and powerful. Have used several times on hunts never let me down.
And that is the main thing, not the most sofisticated, accurate, efficient but boy in the decade and a Half I had Evanix guns they never, ever let me down, basically never really had a leak and I put down a boatload of game with them.

If you want a super duper sofisticated, regulated, super light trigger then Evanix is not for you but if you want a rugged, dependable, powerful, farely short and light hunter with a great magazine, smooth sidelever, and nice ergonomics then Evanix fits the bill.

I have a 22 Airmax2 carbon fiber version and couple of the older large caliber ML semiautos and they seem accurate enough for hunting since they aren't target guns and trouble free however they are not my daily shooters so they don't have a lot of mileage on them. I think the Airmax2 is worth the price if you can find one and watch Hajimoto's video and it shoots cheap Wal-Mart Crosman Premier Hollowpoints CPHPs as good as mine under an inch at 50 yards.

The Rainstorm2 seems ok but haven't shot it much to give feedback on it since I think a Sumatra is better and like shooting them more.

I would say they are more reliable than HATSAN brand semiautos.
Please describe how the power adjustment wheel works on an Evanix Max Air II. I just bought one and I'm confused on how it works. Do you turn in to increase power or turn out to increase power? Please share any knowledge you have on these adjustments since there is no information at Evanix on this. Thanks, GaryD