Any decent red dots?

Look at ADE red dot / reflex sights on Ebay. I have the cheapest model they make and it's awesome. 2 MOA and I hit the 3" plate at 75 yards every time.

I also have an even cheaper one that Buck Rail sells and it's perfectly good IMO as well.

As for regular tube style red dots, I had a Bushnell TR25 and it was fine. I also have an AT3 that's a little nicer. I prefer the "window style" reflex sights though... less obstruction in your field of view and they weigh almost nothing.

That VOTATU above is a nice deal for a shake awake model.

Reactions: wgd
Hello with my last job I have had the opportunity to handle a lot of red dot sights and help my coworkers zero them for their rifles. With that being said for the price point the best have been Vortex or Burris (also great warranties). If you want to stay around $100 look at Midway USA they have a Vortex SPAR2 on sale for $109 (good optic at a great price). The Vortex Crossfires come up for sale time to time for around $110. Save yourself the time, money, and aggravation of buying a cheap red dot, they generally have parallax and zeroing issues. Hope this helps Eric.

Thanks for the recommendations guys! Will look into all of those. Decided I'm going to be upping the budget to $200. Was planning on possibly buying a Notos but ultimately decided against it as I wouldn't shoot it very often and have a perfectly good gun sitting in my safe that can work although bigger than I prefer.

I think that is a good idea!

A year ago I bought a $60 Sightmark for a decent pcp pistol and was sorry I did. Back then I couldn't decide what I wanted so the Sightmark was a stop gap. I'll replace it soon with a better reflex sight and throw it in the bone pile drawer.

3 years ago I bought a $27 Belishi. It's a pretty sad optic but its only on a BB gun so I don't care all that much anyway but it isn't bright enough and doesn't hold zero.

Recently got a Sig reflex sight that came on my Sig 320 9mm. Definitely a nice little optic in a lot of ways.

Ordered a Holosun 407c last week for a Canik 9mm. I bet I'll like it too.

The old standard budget red dot has been the Bushnell TRS-25. Its $70 right now through Midway, and you will likely find better deals if you shop around.

But the best for your money I think is the SwampFox series. Lots of great features and available in green if that is your preference.

This is stressful lol harder than picking a scope! I've been looking into all of these and there are some ones I'm interested in. However I came across SwampFox and they have 2 I'm interested in that seem very well done.

While here have any of you used circle dot reticles? That's hanging me up too. I do like the idea of them similar to my 2-12x42 Helos BTR gen2 reticle. I'm seeing some with a 62-65 MOA circle with 2 MOA dot in center. But that limits choices if I want that or not.

This is stressful lol harder than picking a scope! I've been looking into all of these and there are some ones I'm interested in. However I came across SwampFox and they have 2 I'm interested in that seem very well done.

While here have any of you used circle dot reticles? That's hanging me up too. I do like the idea of them similar to my 2-12x42 Helos BTR gen2 reticle. I'm seeing some with a 62-65 MOA circle with 2 MOA dot in center. But that limits choices if I want that or not.
Like I mentioned above I think the Swampfox is the best for your money. I have a green Liberty that I really like. The UltraDot is pretty nice too like Motorhead suggests. I have one on my 308 Encore in silver.