Any Daystate Redwolf shooters, shooting beyond 200 yards? .22 .25 or .30 cal?

I'm wondering if the Redwolf in any caliber would be appropriate for shooting targets beyond 200 yards.
I shoot all day long at 200 yards and 2 inch MOA with my Impact M3 .25 and Texan .257 LSS.
I wonder if the RedWolf can hit targets at 400 to 500 yards.

I have no interest in FT. Only BR at long ranges.

If you can keep your comments "on topic", I would like to hear back from the membership.

Rod in San Francisco

Reactions: d3vnull

I'm wondering if the Redwolf in any caliber would be appropriate for shooting targets beyond 200 yards.
I shoot all day long at 200 yards and 2 inch MOA with my Impact M3 .25 and Texan .257 LSS.

If you can keep your comments "on topic", I would like to hear back from the membership.

Rod in San Francisco
Rod,
I'm sure any of the Redwolf calibers will hit the ground at those distances, you just need to scale up the size of the target. :)

Now that I've moved to South Carolina (Out of that Hell Hole SoCal), I'll have access to many acres at the end of my street. I'll be finding out who owns it and talking with them about shooting there. They hunt deer so there are several "lanes" cleared.
I have a Redwolf .22HP and I have a Heliboard for it, just need to install and tune. How soon did you need an actual answer?

Smitty

Reactions: Ranchibi
An interesting consideration...
At a friend's place with available 1100 yds in the cinders, we had targets (7" tall and 3.5" wide, I think) at 220 and 289. With 22 and MRD's at 980, I could hit or be very close to the 289... still stable in other words. With the 25 and 33.4s at 900, I could hit or be very close on the 220 but had a 5' or greater splash area at 289. Stability was gone between 220 and 289. A friend shooting an EVOL 30 with 50 gn pellets was still okay at 289 but he was having to hold 6 mils for wind compared to 2.5 mils for me with the 22.

Just some things to consider. A different twist rate on the 25 could possibly make it a contender but that's just too far to be practical , anyway.

I don't shoot much in the way of slugs and not really interested in chasing that bottomless pit .

Bob

Rod in San Francisco
RodJava yea I shoot the Redwolf Hps. I have a video out on it here. .177 redwolf hp only 13.4 grains. at 325 yards. The .177 13.4 knockouts are good at 165 but after that they fall apart. Can still hit clay pigeons consistent at 200 and 220. After that say 300 is a joke not even worth trying dances all over the place as shown in the video below. I feel the .22 redwolf will hold better but still not that much better. Maybe a few more hits out to 325 in no wind. Again the BC of the .22 fx hybrids are really bad.

Reactions: Csbrown5