• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

any daystate owners with Electronic guns please give input

Hi guys , anyone here using a redwolf or safari or delta wolf ? if so please reply on how the gun was accuracy wize and any quirks? , does the electronics give any issues?

Is the new Delta wolf the only day state which can be programmed on the fly with out the programmer?

Also I see it has a setting for FPS if this is changed does it also change the reg setting? or just dwell or valve open time or amount ? I see it has a built in chrono , well my question how tight is the spread in a magisine? vs the non electric model ?

I am wondering if they are stable in weather , you know I just dont know in the elements if they are stable like extreme temps rain snow and ice ? . I buy my guns to hunt not to hang over fireplace , but nothing worse then being in woods when the gun does not function?

I saw 1 video of the delta wolf and how the charging port is covered by a tiny rubber plug with isnt on a lanyard meaning it would not last 1 day in field , so this is why I am asking for any who use these models if they work well in environments other then bench rest on a table which I do not do

LOU

Check out this video of a hunter using the Red Wolf Safari in the wild, so to speak. Cold, but didn't seem wet. He answers some of your questions towards the end of the video.

Gun review on the bench first part of video. Hunting starts at about 19 minutes. Final thoughts including whether it is a usable tool for the hunter start around 31 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJdp7VyMoIU

My personal experience with Red Wolfs and Pulsars is that I have only had an issue with 1, purchased brand new. Hi power was fine but on mid power the pellets had dropped down below 500 fps, and this was on a high power model rifle. Warranty resolution through AOA was no issue at all.

I think there was a article about durability last year.

img.1615336120.jpg

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/air-gunner/20200601/281612422530383

Microelectronic circuitry is rendered useless by a strong electromagnetic pulse such as the Carrington Event, extreme heat or cold, lack of required power supply, or a host of other things.

That being said, electromagnetic weapons are the future, but they will not be hampered in their effectiveness by throwing glorified rocks from a blowpipe.

The U.S. Navy's laser guided lightning bolt, which is now operational, is one example. Can take down high flying aircraft with $1.50 worth of electricity.

Using the newest technology to babysit older technology makes no sense to me. It's a sales gimmick of sorts. The truth is, Lewis & Clark's Austrian air rifle that they took on their "voyage of discovery" back in 1803 would whip the vast majority of air rifles out there today in a real world hunting contest. It literally saved the expedition from being wiped out from numerically superior forces using the common weapons of the day. More than once.

Microelectronic circuitry is rendered useless by a strong electromagnetic pulse such as the Carrington Event, extreme heat or cold, lack of required power supply, or a host of other things.

That being said, electromagnetic weapons are the future, but they will not be hampered in their effectiveness by throwing glorified rocks from a blowpipe.

The U.S. Navy's laser guided lightning bolt, which is now operational, is one example. Can take down high flying aircraft with $1.50 worth of electricity.

Using the newest technology to babysit older technology makes no sense to me. It's a sales gimmick of sorts. The truth is, Lewis & Clark's Austrian air rifle that they took on their "voyage of discovery" back in 1803 would whip the vast majority of air rifles out there today in a real world hunting contest. It literally saved the expedition from being wiped out from numerically superior forces using the common weapons of the day. More than once.

Very interesting. Please supply links... not that I can't look it up for myself, I just want to see where YOU get your info? Seems that you are very knowledgeable on the subject.

Thanks!

Nation, 

Several years ago at the Nationals in Ennis North Carolina, there were 5 electronic Daystates used in various classes. The first day was a light, steady rain, and rather cold. 3 of the 5 electronic Daystates failed to operate properly, and forced their owners to withdraw from competition. 

Nothing against Daystate, but I'm not going to risk a chance of a gun failure due to electronics. If I ever do decide to get a Daystate, I can bet any amount of money that there will be no electronics involved whatsoever. Just my opinion. 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

Nation, 

Several years ago at the Nationals in Ennis North Carolina, there were 5 electronic Daystates used in various classes. The first day was a light, steady rain, and rather cold. 3 of the 5 electronic Daystates failed to operate properly, and forced their owners to withdraw from competition. 

Nothing against Daystate, but I'm not going to risk a chance of a gun failure due to electronics. If I ever do decide to get a Daystate, I can bet any amount of money that there will be no electronics involved whatsoever. Just my opinion. 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com

And that could certainly be a valid concern, though Daystate claims otherwise. I have a Pulsar HP .177 and view it as an excellent rifle. Extremely accurate with what I believe to be as good a trigger as is possible. And I believe that the electronics provide some advantages unique to the platform. That said, I will probably never have it out in inclement weather. But I would buy other electronic guns without hesitation. Just my opinion, as you note.

I have owed a red wolf 22cal hp, and that is the best Airgun that I have ever had. Don’t get me wrong my impact and Edgun are great guns, but my only complaint was the length. The trigger accuracy and power was impressive, as far as atmospheric effects all airguns as well as firearms. At the time that I sold it is when the delta Wolf announcement, I believed at the time that was most that I could get for my red wolf. And I want to believe that the delta Wolf will be not just a shorter version but with all the user friendly features that it seems to offer. The price increase is alarming, and I waiting to hear the results from the.22cal and also the.177. If you have the opportunity to shoot one I would believe that you would not be disappointed. Hope that helps 

A few years back, the Red Wolf seemed to be state of the art and the most advanced air gun on the market (at the time). Then the Delta Wolf entered the scene. It was a long wait, but now that they are showing up, they seem to put all the others in dinosaur class.

My Red Wolf has been used down to 60 degrees without a problem. I have not shot it in the rain, snow or tornado as of yet so I can't comment on its durability under those conditions. I haven't shot my spring guns like that either, so there is no means of comparison.

It does seem that electronics are gaining a foothold in many applications. I can't wait until we can no longer buy a powder burner pistol that has to recognize our fingerprint before it shoots (sarcasm off).

If Daystate or any other company that chooses to go to electronics sees the problems related to temperature and moisture, the day may come that they design the fix into the guns.

I have had a standard power Red Wolf .22 for a couple of years. The original barrel was bad, with unacceptable accuracy, but AOA replaced it, and the rifle has been perfect since. That said, it's only been used in good conditions, and I have not hunted with it. In terms of the impact of temperature and other environmental factors, my guess, the electronic rifle might actually perform better, if the system can partially compensate for those variables. Personally, I will not hunt with it, and will definitely not use it in rain or snow. First, and not specific to electronics, but my RW does not shoot as well with the magazine, so I always use the single shot tray. It probably shoots well enough for any practical hunting accuracy, but it just bugs me. Second, the timing out of the firing system could be a bother to me, as there are times when I'm ready to shoot, safety off, and I have to defer shooting because the squirrel decides to move around. Even pesting in the yard, I have had a couple of cases where the rifle was asleep when I tried to take the shot. I suppose one could get in the habit on continuously engaging the safety each time a shot has to be interrupted. But, you never know if you are going to have a 10 second wait, 10 minutes, or if the squirrel is gone for good. Obviously, somewhere in there I would place the rifle back on safe, but it's just something I don't want to deal with when hunting. Also, while the battery lasts a very long time between charges, I would want to charge it before hunting, if I could not remember a recent charge. Lastly, I'm just generally not comfortable with an electronic rifle in the field, as a matter of personal bias, just old and set in my ways, I guess. One thing I know for sure, if I'm using a mechanical rifle, I'm not going to have an electronic problem!

I have shot my Safari 22 in cold and damp weather and no problems what so ever, one of the days it was in the upper 30's F. and several of the mechanical guns had to be retuned to shoot accurately due to the cold. There was a video on Mountain Sports a while back where Danna left a Safari outside over night in a snowy rainy night on the ground and the next morning it seemed to work just fine. Not something that I would do, I tend to baby mine. I wasn't sure about taking it out on a foggy damp cool morning but it seemed have no effect so far! Your mileage may vary!

RB