ANY comparisons from knockouts to MK2 knockouts ????

Hi I reciently ordered a few tins of slugs and pellets , I have noticed things not in stock no more ,So I ordered out of country to My friends in Netherlands , I usually made all my on slugs but latley had to stop casting due to health with lung issues ,

Anyway back to my question I did not know JSB had made a MK2 version of slugs or how they preform , I noticed they have a bit of expanded end not a skirt but like a skirt meaning it is wider ,

Has anyone tried these or saw these ? and will or are they being sold here in USA ? p/s I was going to buy a few cases but they said not at this time as They need to have them avail for other customers , In past i would buy a few cases of ammo and they would box it to give me best possible $

So I got some in .22 and some in 25 cal

LOU

There is now.

koMK2.1644069159.jpg

they shoot much better I tried them in 22 and 25 cal I dont have targets but I was hitting steel spinners beyond 125 yards , I know the 25 cal older ones say .092 BC and new ones say .093 , however at 125 yards the newer ones I hold ..6 mils less to hit a 1.5 inch spinner , at pretty much same feet per second so BC is better in my Taipan and even my Maverick ,

The .22 cal also requires less hold at 125 yards of .8 mils so The bc is better also , by looks of the steel targets they group very very tight I am shooting the .22 cal at 950fps and the .25 cal at 920fps I dont have many of these but I plan on getting more of them and some 30 cal

here is some pics , they pretty much same length MK2 just .002 longer

_DSC1369.1644087291.JPG
_DSC1371.1644087292.JPG
0205221340.1644087434.jpg

LOU

plingpling, be careful what you ask for. A heavier slug usually means more length. Not only do you have a length restriction in the magazine, but usually a longer projectile requires more rifling twist to stabilize.

Indeed, i just say so cuz i have not had much luck with the 10.43gr KO slugs in my maverick, where as the 13.43 ones seem to be something i can work with ( not having shot much of either so just a few very RAW tests )

In the pellets the big Beasts are actually the ones i have gotten to shoot best, even if i spent 2 - 3 X more time and pellets trying to get the lighter MRD pellets to shoot well, hell even the JSB heavy i have gone thru 4 tins of trying to find their sweet spot.

Still like to shoot the MRD pellets and i still have 3500 of them, but i am now hoping i can enjoy those in the vulcan 3

Perhaps i have just missed something, it have fast become colder and colder since i got my Maverick in the fall last year, maybe i will wise up when spring & summer come calling and i can take a more relaxed and methodical approach to my pellet testing.

they shoot much better I tried them in 22 and 25 cal I dont have targets but I was hitting steel spinners beyond 125 yards , I know the 25 cal older ones say .092 BC and new ones say .093 , however at 125 yards the newer ones I hold ..6 mils less to hit a 1.5 inch spinner , at pretty much same feet per second so BC is better in my Taipan and even my Maverick ,

The .22 cal also requires less hold at 125 yards of .8 mils so The bc is better also , by looks of the steel targets they group very very tight I am shooting the .22 cal at 950fps and the .25 cal at 920fps I dont have many of these but I plan on getting more of them and some 30 cal

here is some pics , they pretty much same length MK2 just .002 longer

_DSC1369.1644087291.JPG
_DSC1371.1644087292.JPG
0205221340.1644087434.jpg

LOU

This is good to know. Thank you Lou for sharing your results. Now I want to see how they perform on a hunt. 

well My maverick has the a 600mm heavy slug liner and has carbon fiber over it , This is what came with the gun when I got it here in classifieds , and I tried the 22 700mm heavy barrel also and it shot them well also Like I said they grouped very well . I did not shoot paper yet when I do I will post pictures but with steel they took paint off like a 1 inch area and no wobble no fliers and all were unsorted in any way by weight or anything just out of tin not even cleaned or lubed I was happy with way they looked , like the empty tins clean no shavings or crud

LOU

Hi all,

I tested the mk2 in my .22 crown with 600 mm superior standard barrel and 900 - 940 fps.

I cannot see any big difference between the new and old Knockuts.

Both shoots great.

But i was surpriced to learn that the 27 gr. HN slugs in 216 outperformed both the Knockout mk1 and mk2 less han 1" or thumb size group at 100 m (110 yards) 10 shots.

the knockout shoots 1 1/2" 10 shot group.

Daam i just received 12 tins of the knockouts mk2.

daam there are many things to adjust and test.

Pressure - hammer - transferport - barrel tuner - different moderators.. 

so maybe i just missed a setting that can make miracles with the knockouts mk2.

claus from denmark