• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any better solutions to filtration

Got my Chinese pump.. and still deciding what I want to do for filtration. Joe's airtanks looks nice.. but expensive. Seems like there would be a completely different way to go about this. I looked up high pressure heat exchangers.. basinlly a large tube.. with many small tubes inside to run cool water through.. and the air would go around. Even with this concept.. for it to work it would think it would have to sweat on the outside of tube.. not sure if it would. Any other suggestions?
1583159985_15984354405e5d1ab1d17a05.59253025_Screenshot_20200302-083342_Chrome.jpg

Yes.. "heat exchanger" like they use on lower pressure air compressors to help remove water vapor before it gets to tank. Not too worried about contamination.. as I dont for-see a piston getting in my gun. Just was trying to think outside the box as a way of removing water. Seems like there would be something better than a metered tube with cotton balls for heaven sake.

I have mine set up like this. The Yong Heng has a water separator that werqs quite well if you purge every four or five minutes and keep your gun/tank above your compressor. I change out the small filter every 20-30 minutes now and set it aside to dry as it is only slightly damp and once it is dry it can be used again. I have not had to change out the large gold three stage filter in my six plus months of having it. I run my compressor for a bit over a half an hour a week average yearly. I changed out the valve on my 90ci tank after using it for a year and a half and saw no evidence of water inside. It is used in a basement kept at 50-60% rel humidity.