Any airgun shooters in DFW

The Arlington Sportsmans Club in Mansfield has field target matches every month (today, in fact), and I think they also shoot airgun (paper target) bench-rest competitions. Check their website for details and particulars.

I host monthly long-range airgun Bench-Rest Silhouette competitions outside Waco (the first Saturday of every month); except every third month hosting Extreme Field Target competitions on my place near Lake Whitney instead of the BRS matches. You can call me at 254-253-1239 for more details on my matches, as it's too much information to keyboard. Or send me your email address to be added to my email list.

Here's some information on the BRS matches-

download.png
View attachment Revised BRS Rules pdf.1624724870.pdf

Ron Robinson

Well Waco is not no where near dfw but I will definitely make the drive one day. Lostintejas thanks , sometimes It would be nice to have a shooting buddy.

Waco? Thought you were looking in the DFW "Area". 

Yes, a shooting partner is always fin to have around, and keeps you honest. 

Good Luck

Yea I was looking for dfw but nobody there responded .. I'll even take a spotter at least lol. Appreciate it, good sir. 

"Any airgun shooters in DFW. Just looking for a group or meets to go shooting or have fun with air rifles."

I repeat, "The Arlington Sportsmans Club in Mansfield has field target matches every month (today, in fact), and I think they also shoot airgun (paper target) bench-rest competitions." You might find a group of airgun shooters there. And though Waco is not near DFW, Mansfield is so close that it's IN the metroplex. That's why I mentioned ASC first. 

However, many Urbanites rather enjoy escaping The City long enough to mingle with like-minded airgunners in a lovely rural setting; doing what airgunners do, in ways they get no other opportunity to experience otherwise. Matter of fact, of the shooters regularly attending my gatherings outside Waco, those from the D/FW metroplex make the shortest drives. The other regulars travel from the Austin, Houston and San Antonio areas, as well as Oklahoma and Arizona.

But I can understand why someone wouldn't want to make a 3 hour round-trip, just to enjoy the company of some of the best long-range airgunners in the U.S., shooting the finest airguns and equipment on the planet, regularly making round trips of 6 to 12 hours to do so. MoF, it might be Fun Overload for some folks trapped in the city by so much responsibility as to preclude an escape. Condolences.

Gateway To Heaven.1624909071.jpg

AoA van.1624908806.jpg

TBR back porch.1624908850.jpg

Dwerrick TFT.1624909656.jpg

TFT coon.1624908979.jpg

There are also matches at Pecan Plantation in Granbury, I think every other month. And there are matches held in Oklahoma City and Boerne, down by San Antonio. For the "regular" (not long range or extreme) field target matches , you would need to be under 20 foot pounds. Shoot me a PM if you want to shoot at Arlington (next match is July 24th) and I can hook you up with a loaner gun if needed. I shoot a .22 Avenger at Ron's place, works fine. You would want to use the .177 for the regular matches and the .25 for long range. .25 won't fit in some of the kill zones in the regular matches, .177 will struggle at 100 yards at the long range matches.

One other thing to be aware of, pellets only at any field target match and at Ron's place.

Seems like a lot of us new to the sport pic the wrong gun ... caliber ... power.

I live in Colleyville and hoped to find a close venue ... but nothing in the area outside of Mansfield ... not an ideal situation for daily or thrice weekly practice.

Does not help that I chose a RAW HM1000X ... love the gun but only likely to have SWAT called if I try to use it in my suburban backyard.

Funny thing is that my club allows .177 Air low power ... but .22LR and WMR are acceptable. Guess they make enough noise to satisfy the old guard.

Looking forward I will be moving to a .177 Match Pistol and .22LR rifle.

Seems like a lot of us new to the sport pic the wrong gun ... caliber ... power.

I live in Colleyville and hoped to find a close venue ... but nothing in the area outside of Mansfield ... not an ideal situation for daily or thrice weekly practice.

Does not help that I chose a RAW HM1000X ... love the gun but only likely to have SWAT called if I try to use it in my suburban backyard.

Funny thing is that my club allows .177 Air low power ... but .22LR and WMR are acceptable. Guess they make enough noise to satisfy the old guard.

Looking forward I will be moving to a .177 Match Pistol and .22LR rifle.

You own a fine rifle no reason you can not send it to Martin and have a world calls .177 .

https://www.airguns-usa.com/

Also little doubt that you could go to any club and find someone who ( perhaps had no interest in doing yours but) has such actually hands on experience -cal swap&reg- but) has first hand knowledge of every part in one. Also Silence is an option.

Back in '99 it took me 10 years to discover "tiny-bore" and now .177 is it!

Keep us posted and DO get to a match, rifle or not just call ahead, show up & learn. 1st hand facts. You'll have great time!

John

I'm in Springtown (just north of Ft Worth) and have been out of the airgun game for a few years. I'd like to start up again with just plinking or benchrest. I currently have a BSA R10 MkII and a Gauntlet, both in .177 along with a small Benjamin tank. Several other break barrels (no more interest in these)a few CO2 plinkers and a few pumpers. If you've never shot the Umerex Legends MP 40 you're missing a treat. Love my 69 Sheridan Silver Streak. I live on an acre and have a 50yd shooting lane down the side of my property so as it cools down I'll start plinking again. 

Who'se around this area?