Air Arms Any Air Arms S510 owners here?

Airgun Al

Dec 6, 2023
usa
Years ago, I had a Air Arms S410, and I really enjoyed it.
The quality was top notch!
These days, I dont hear of too many S510 owners out here, and I wonder why?
Are they still a quality rifle?
Anyone own a S510 FAC Compact?
Id love to see A.A. offer a bottle version, with a foster style fill, and just a little more power!

I think that the S520/410 series popularity reflects the trend in high power, slug shooting capability. The AA rifles are good looking, well designed, accurate rifles. They aren’t easily adjustable 100 yard slug/pellet shooters. I have a S400 and. S510 xtra, both dead reliable, accurate fun to shoot rifles. Satisfaction can also come from picking it up 6 months later, still full of air and hit the zero, first shot.

I still have my S410 XTRA. I think it's still a great PCP since buying it in 2007. Since then, I've changed just two O-rings--the one for the power adjuster and the one for the air gauge. The only reason for the replacement of the O-rings was due to fully depressurizing the rifle for disassembly. I just don't shoot it much anymore because of its length and because my interest is towards short, compact PCPs these days.

Last edited:
MMCM13 hit it right on the head. the AA rifles are still one of the best long term values offered. Accurate beyond description, extremely simple, virtually no maintenance. But the are typically in the 20 to 35 FPE class - not the 50 fpe class so often discussed anymore.

But a squirrel inside of 50 to 75 yards will be just as dead with an 18 gr well placed pellet from a 25 FPE gun as a 50 fpe gun.

My S510 FAC Carbine is one of my all-time favorites. I consider it a family heirloom quality, pass down rifle.

AAS510 Carbine.jpg

AA510.jpg

My .22 S510 Ultimate Sporter was the first high end airgun I ever purchased. I still have it but unfortunately hardly ever shoot it. It, like my old Nikon F2 . . . , I'll probably never sell it. The thing is indeed dead accurate and stupid reliable so long as you do your part. *PELLETS ONLY*, It, or at least mine, does not shoot slugs - trust me - I've tried. I've since obtained several other guns - all shorter, most bull pup style - that I find I prefer / are more enjoyable to shoot for various reasons. But yeah - I do still take out every now and then and send some 18g JSB's out of it and they just go where you point 'em. :)

Still good, not the latest greatest so.... .
Personally, go for a used older pre-safety model. The 16mm shroud is quieter than the newer one, Has a true two stage (three sear vs two sear) trigger and nicer finish. Parts support still available and a breeze to work on every 20 years or so. Pre power adjuster with the oval TP also.
The used prices are TOO low on these.

John

Years ago, I had a Air Arms S410, and I really enjoyed it.
The quality was top notch!
These days, I dont hear of too many S510 owners out here, and I wonder why?
Are they still a quality rifle?
Anyone own a S510 FAC Compact?
Id love to see A.A. offer a bottle version, with a foster style fill, and just a little more power!
510 FAC in a HFT Aeron stock
A favorite of mine
IMG_6832.jpeg

My observation - AA really is known for its place in field target and traditional looking small game guns. And they do it well. But they haven’t really entered the higher power, slug pumping, tacticool bench competition guns that seem to have captured the imagination of the sport at the moment. If they make a gun that is heavy, ugly, and has at least three regs and five gauges they will be popular again. :)

Upstate NY - we, like a lot of the country, have been freezing our butts off lately with this cold snap. It got "all the way up" to 20* today and bored out of my skull I decided to wander upstairs and slap a scope on this gun. Cutting to the chase this is my aforementioned AAS510 Ultimate Sporter. I honestly don't know when the last time was that I shot it - or even touched it for that matter. I had to dig around in my pile of parts to find a set of dovetail rings and then find a scope I could slap on it. That done I then took it out into the back yard to see if I could get a quick down and dirty zero on it at 35 yards. I picked a fairly large piece of cardboard from out of the recycling bin as I had no idea where my shots were going to land . . . first one, in fact, didn't even hit the cardboard. (?) I walked up and took a look - nope. ( head scratch . . . ) Went back to the gun and looked at the scope - I had the top turret dialed quite a ways down. ( thinking to self ) I must have had this one on one of the sluggers with adjustable rings and had it pointed down some . . . . So I dialed it back up to near middle. Fired a second shot - hit the paper at least. "K -- needs to go about 7 up and maybe 1 over to the right - that should get me close. "

Yeah - that got me close. Shots 3-10. :)

.22 AA S510 Ultimate Sporter in a Form Chieftain stock, Blackhound 4-16x44 FFP (mil) scope, 18g JSB pellets

Yep - even freezin' my butt off, doing this kinda quick-like ('cause its so damned cold out) - the thing just shoots. :)
AAjan2024_1.jpg

AAjan2024_2.jpg

There is a beautiful S410 in the classified just screaming for a new home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgun Al
Upstate NY - we, like a lot of the country, have been freezing our butts off lately with this cold snap. It got "all the way up" to 20* today and bored out of my skull I decided to wander upstairs and slap a scope on this gun. Cutting to the chase this is my aforementioned AAS510 Ultimate Sporter. I honestly don't know when the last time was that I shot it - or even touched it for that matter. I had to dig around in my pile of parts to find a set of dovetail rings and then find a scope I could slap on it. That done I then took it out into the back yard to see if I could get a quick down and dirty zero on it at 35 yards. I picked a fairly large piece of cardboard from out of the recycling bin as I had no idea where my shots were going to land . . . first one, in fact, didn't even hit the cardboard. (?) I walked up and took a look - nope. ( head scratch . . . ) Went back to the gun and looked at the scope - I had the top turret dialed quite a ways down. ( thinking to self ) I must have had this one on one of the sluggers with adjustable rings and had it pointed down some . . . . So I dialed it back up to near middle. Fired a second shot - hit the paper at least. "K -- needs to go about 7 up and maybe 1 over to the right - that should get me close. "

Yeah - that got me close. Shots 3-10. :)

.22 AA S510 Ultimate Sporter in a Form Chieftain stock, Blackhound 4-16x44 FFP (mil) scope, 18g JSB pellets

Yep - even freezin' my butt off, doing this kinda quick-like ('cause its so damned cold out) - the thing just shoots. :)
View attachment 427491

View attachment 427492
Nice shooting there!
Warm weather is heading your way soon!

Reactions: jdanvers