• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any AEA HP Max owners out there?

I have an AEA pro. 9mm I absolutely love it I have 7 air guns and it' in 2nd place behind the FX dreamline bullpup .30 in 3rd place is the Air Venturi .25
IMG_20230825_173707.jpg

I ended up picking up a used .357 Max and tuned it down to be a backyard night pesting gun. This one probably gets the most use now out of my entire collection.

Reactions: Perle and darylm
My AEA HP SS in .22 has many issues.
I have owned one for a week only, and in that time it failed in many ways.
If you own an AEA semiautomatic you better know how to fix them.

The rod/plunger attached to bolt and piston (inside shroud) has disconnected twice from the bolt.
I manged to reattach the bolt.
The 3 magazines stopped working.
I am working on fixing them.
The trigger stopped working after I reattached the rod and had to adjust a gap in the shroud.

125+ fpe out if a non regulated gun, short barrel non working shrouded gun, is going to be on the loud side.

But then again are you buying a .357 airgun for plinking?

More like 180 to 200 fpe depending on caliber with the M50 5" barrel pistol. Which is essentially an HP Max and has "HP Max" laser etched on it.

And yes it's quite loud... it'll pop your eardrums if you forget protection.

There are barrel / air tank kits available now so you can convert the pistol to a long gun, and vice versa.

My AEA HP SS in .22 has many issues.
I have owned one for a week only, and in that time it failed in many ways.
If you own an AEA semiautomatic you better know how to fix them.

The rod/plunger attached to bolt and piston (inside shroud) has disconnected twice from the bolt.
I manged to reattach the bolt.
The 3 magazines stopped working.
I am working on fixing them.
The trigger stopped working after I reattached the rod and had to adjust a gap in the shroud.
The rod has disconnected for the 3rd time today.
That rod screws into the bolt, and I think it is stripped.