• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any advantage fitting a .22 barrel to Fx Impact ?

The number of shots per magazine would be one reason. Number of shots per fill is another reason. The ammo is less expensive for the most part is a third reason. And forth might be you are close quarter pesting and don't want more power than you need to dispatch pests as it could result in collateral damage. You can never have enough barrels and they are way less expensive than another gun. Barrels are easier to sell than a spendy gun and you loose very little money doing so.

Actualy, I wanted Mk2 in .22, but only .25 was available in stock. So I bought .25 rifle, separate .22 barrel kit, mounted .22 barrel to rifle and .25 barrel threw away :)

And reasons? Sufficient for my needs (shooting to distances up to 50 m with pellets and 150 m (and even more) with slugs), higher shot count per fill, cheaper ammo, higher magazine capacity...

The number of shots per magazine would be one reason. Number of shots per fill is another reason. The ammo is less expensive for the most part is a third reason. And forth might be you are close quarter pesting and don't want more power than you need to dispatch pests as it could result in collateral damage. You can never have enough barrels and they are way less expensive than another gun. Barrels are easier to sell than a spendy gun and you loose very little money doing so.

Fully agree!!

1570938519_1553212785da29e97b2f0e1.49123360_20191009_150608.jpg
just did mine, .22 30 gr neilson slugs at 970 fps, 130 bar, it's a freakin laser beam from 30 yds to 200 yds! 

My 22 impact came in shooting around 740 - 770 fps. Killed around 20 squirrels at this fps. Shot some at 45yds or so. All were in a woods normal hunting. It would blow through their heads or body, U can barley here the gun shoot & barley here it hit the sqirl the best part other squirls paid no attention to the pellet impact sound. Cranked it up to 900fps & the gun was much louder & the pellet impact was much louder & the squirrs would leave after a shot. This was 18.13gr. Lesson learned i dont need all that speed for squirrs. Had to send back to Fx but will keep it quiet upon return.