• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anti-NRA commercial on FOX

I don’t watch Fox. They are better than CNN (stupidest news on cable TV) though. 

I just read articles now from opposite biased positions; gives me some ability to shift the wheat from the chaff 

I am pro 2A. The NRA might need to fail due to mismanagement, or get reconstituted, but not because non-gun people say so. They are pretty much financially ruined right now...not a good thing for those relying on an organized effort to help defend shooting sports

So here's an article about the campaign: article

And here's the actual ad: Anti-NRA ad

It actually says the NRA spends less than 10% protecting this (montage including under-lever) and 90% on extravagance, blah blah. It's from Bloomberg, who isn't at all interested in NRA reform, just anti-NRA and anti everything gun-related. 

GsT

Propaganda...

I've been a gun owner and shooting sports participant all my adult life, and an NRA member. But, my support of the NRA has about come to an end. Although they still do some good work, it has become the kind of power-and-money mud fight that too often happens from well-intended beginnings. As for political action, as soon as you play the NRA card with any liberal politician, all meaningful dialog is over, they are simply going to oppose anything the NRA sponsors. I'm not sure of the answer, but I'll be sending them no more money. 

Wow, I never thought about the issues raised here - could they be lying? "...The NRA is recognized nationally as the gold standard for safe firearm training, developing millions of safe, ethical, responsible shooters and instructors. Whether you're a new gun owner in search of training, or an experienced marksman looking to support others, the NRA has a course for you...."

https://firearmtraining.nra.org/

One wishes it was as easy to fix the problems with our government by a simple bankruptcy and reorg... Sadly it ain't... So we are going to abandon the ONLY organization that has fought the legal battles to maintain any defense at all of the Second Amendment BECAUSE of SINGLE sourced information fed to us by an anti-gun agenda driven media which has a history of lying to us?

Seems the anti-gunners are alive and well RIGHT HERE.

Yeah, burn it down, don't try to fix it. I just took the current deal on a life membership not for what they have done this decade but for what they have done the last hundred and fifty years.

Because there are way more criminals at the top of BOTH political parties and they steal a whole lot more money from me each year than NRA has in my life time.

But yeah you guys that think we need to just let it fail BE SURE and let me know when you have set up an org to replace it.

Reactions: bandg
Not that I care what you people think, but...

The National Rifle Association, started in 1871 by General U.S. Grant, is moving to Texas where they will begin business as a non-profit organization. 

Well you should care. These "people" are the guys you see on the range for the most part. Sure it is true that a small percentage of them are young enough or dumb enough to think the anti- gunners make a distinction between air rifles and rifles. Most of us are't young (average age here is 58 iirc) or dumb.

What has happened with NRA management isn't right but it isn't so bad that the shooting community should FOOLISHLY abandon the most powerful gun lobby in the world just after we elected the most anti-gun administration in our history.

NOW THAT WOULD BE STUPID.

Now while you are chewing on that ask yourself WHO is telling you how BAD the NRA is and how useless they are? THEN rethink your decision on who to trust with your 2A rights. ... In light of the way they are handling your 1A rights. Maybe someone has been lying to you?