Anti double load is really necessary ?

intenseaty22

I created this topic to know how people think? As for me, I would appreciate much more than guns using automatic rotation magazine from the Napoleon period.!

Right, that up there is how/what I think. To be clear, my comment I don’t buy my guns based on this feature” is not a put down on your thoughts on this, rather an honest answer of how I feel. Given the same set of circumstances, I would choose the gun with the anti-double loading feature. However, I have higher/different priorities. 

Hmmm..... for me it's a nice to have feature but not a requirement for purchase. Trigger, barrel, power, capacity, etc all rate higher on my priority list. 

As far as magazines go I thought the spring loaded ones were cool when I bought my first Prod, but have grown to appreciate the good old revolver style mags that don't crush pellets more. KISS

No not needed imo, but for some absent minded old dudes like me, its ok, but a mixed bag...

Many anti double load devices tend to cause issues with mag feed imo, mag clipping, and accuracy suffers in some...

After a shot I never cock my gun again till ready to shoot, if the shot is not taken when hunting, I will take a 'check zero shot' just to empty the chamber and leave the hammer spring under no tension. When in doubt if a pellet is in the chamber, I always take another 'check zero shot' to see. Pellets are cheap compared to having a stack of pellets to remove out of your barrel...

jmo

You're hunting. You load a fresh mag with your favorite projectiles. You have the gun cocked and one chambered. You can de-cock and the gun is safe with a projectile ready. When you're ready to shoot just cock and shoot without the worry of double loading. It's a nice feature. Your gun isn't cocked with the HS needlessly fully compressed for possibly hours. Anyway, that alone is nice much less the avoidance of a mishap double-load. 

Reactions: Matt247365
I have 2x Colibri;s (hummingbird) & 2x 's Zbroia Kozak's, & 5 x's P-rods & a Impact(was Ernest Rowe's personal gun), also had a new Wildcat , sold it..all I shoot anymore are the Kozak's , by far the easiest to load , no double loading , also can remove mag at anytime to load & re insert ,IF I would have had the Kozak 's before all of the other s mentioned, I wouldn't have so may a/guns. & yes I have double loaded the P-rod's many times, it sucks..