• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anti-cant devices

Lately my YouTube sessions have been popping up videos of “THE CORRECT WAY TO LEVEL YOUR SCOPE”. Everyone on YouTube is an undisputed “expert”. I’m not a long range shooter so “perfect” alignment is not a concern, but am also aware of the geometry involved that if not “perfect” of how your adjustment might be slightly off, but in 50 yds or less is moot. So earlier this summer a member posted a method to align scope and bore using a mirror. To me that method made total sense, it would set the vertical stadia line so that it intersects the rifles bore. Then, I would think that you should then, using a plumb line downrange, verify your scope vertical stadia line and plumb line agree, and at that point set yor gun attached level accordingly. Does that make sense ?
^ Yes you have it correct.

And over $200 is ridiculous. Anyone who would spend this kind of money for this is more off kilter than their scope. I mean this is beyond silly.
Don't forget to add in the $150 for the vertical mount and the eye piece kit. We must all be a bunch of morons spending our hard earned money the way we want. Sheeze maybe considering keeping your offensive opinions to yourself.

I have started using this ACD anti-cant device on all the scopes, rather than the offset mounted bubble levels. It is Made in the USA and better quality too. Search ebay for the size you need, but here's a 30mm.

Reactions: UtahPewPew
I have tried the picatinny mounted ones, but the ones I have are so cheap, they tilt when you tighten them. I prefer the scope mounted ones.

I did order a pack of small levels off of Amazon and used double sided tape to stick one on my Thomas FT right behind the scope similar to one of the pics above. I got an 8 pack so I could pick the most level one (tested against other levels) to use.

Last edited:
Too be clearer .. No such thing as ... an anti cant devise ?
There only just an INDICATOR as too side / side tilt being At / On the gravitational "Level"
There accuracy and usefulness is SOLELY RELIANT on them being calibrated to read level when the rifle has its fitted scopes vertical leg of retical set to pass threw the bores center line. And said retical then superimposed against a PLUMB LINE at distance when the Level is adjusted to be level.

Miss any of these steps and the "Level" is basically without merit (n) as in worthless for reasons of helping the "Shooter" be level and not canting his gun.

I couldn’t find a bubble level for 40mm tube so I made my own. Then I realized the cheap amazon bubble levels are so much bigger and easier to see than the ones I bought.

C3BE2038-6BCC-4B6D-937A-AFBDCA03A3AD.jpeg

Too be clearer .. No such thing as ... an anti cant devise ?
There only just an INDICATOR as too side / side tilt being At / On the gravitational "Level"
There accuracy and usefulness is SOLELY RELIANT on them being calibrated to read level when the rifle has its fitted scopes vertical leg of retical set to pass threw the bores center line. And said retical then superimposed against a PLUMB LINE at distance when the Level is adjusted to be level.

Miss any of these steps and the "Level" is basically without merit (n) as in worthless for reasons of helping the "Shooter" be level and not canting his gun.
Agreed as with any other component of your rifle system. Set it up correctly and run it!

View attachment 302700
What type of levels are you guys running if any? Here is an aftermarket accessory to the sendit level that places the lights right on my ocular lens via fiber optics. This makes it very difficult to ignore. With the poor trajectory of these slugs a slight cant in your system equals a miss at as close as 80-100 yards. Whether digital or analog a level is a necessity in my opinion. What’s your thoughts?
If gun used for long range or precision shooting from a bench, it’s a must have imo. I prefer analog to digital.

B5346F60-788C-4B38-B7CB-EFC1DE29180C.jpeg

CC5A183D-F21B-4A37-AA2C-ECAC1CB85B77.png

Reactions: qball