Anti-Airgun Hunters? Airbow House Bill in Michigan Brings Out the Fangs!

So I have been advocating for this rule change now for a few years and have done multiple DNR demos of this technology. To allow arrows / bolts to be used as an approved projectile and method of take for disabled hunters in the archery season and an approved projectile in the rest of the seasons for all hunters. Michigan was one of the first states to allow for big bore / big game hunting, but left out the airbow technology based on the archery association becoming unglued about this technology. Some of you hunters from the 18 other states that allow for big game hunting had this technology option baked into your state regs when your laws first passed recently. For me, I really just want to be able to Turkey hunt with it in the Spring and Fall and maybe Deer hunt during the firearm season just for kicks. To stop disabled Vets and hunters from using this technology is just protectionist BS!

This has really drawn out the archery purists to go full butt hurt, snowflake, crazy on this issue. I was able to get my Air Bolt Texan Kit and a donated AirBow and Bulldog from Crosman there in time last week to get through the capitol security in Lansing. The committee hearing is today. This is my official video testimony based on my expertise and technical review of this technology as well as my opinions based on my status as a Post 9-11 U.S. Army Veteran and concerned Michigan resident in support of disabled hunters and disabled veterans. Check it out:

https://youtu.be/BtjhUlz-Tm0

Reactions: Willie14228
You know Traditional Bow Guys, make fun of bows with training wheels. I have a Tomahawk SS Diamond R/D Longbow 55#, Grizzly Recurve 45# & 70# compound. I don’t have a crossbow but know guys who love theirs. 
Good luck with the bolt gun but it took a long time for some States to legalize crossbows for handicap & now it’s legal for all so who knows.

I personally like a bow instead of firing from shoulder. I’m not against a cross or bolt bow PCP. With right placement it’s a very capable hunting tool.

trying to get one to see your point of view is no easy task;Especially one with a multitude of "problems"relating ; how go about enacting rules and qualifications and how to get All aboard on this challenging process.

I am for you and those that Need this method to hunt the way you want;I can easily see the roadblocks in front of you and those that advocate this program.

The process takes support from those that are against it....Remember it is not a fight,though it seems to be.

You forget the way you think and think the way they think,that way gives a better picture of what you are up against.

ALWAYS be nice,polite and respectful to all those involved.....relax knowing you will win in time,make no enemies.

Think Gestalt....take Care of yourself,relax, the fight may be long and you have plenty of friends to make.

Frustration can lead to anger and a bad heart,your mind must remain clear,your goal is righteous ,butt do not become self righteous.

the strong know when to become weak....I hope you and your group the best.

+++++1 good luck brother, I don't know about the state of MICHIGAN but in Texas all hunting license and Hunting Tax that our state collects on devices and products defined as such goes into our wildlife resources, this was one of the ways that crossbows was slipped through our bill.

The addition of that financial resource helped our wildlife preserves and research.

It also has shown a reduced amount of injured not harvested game due to hunters without the skill or abilities to hunt with bows attempting to do so, allowing them to use crossbows to harvest Deer 

Michigan has a rifle zone and shotgun zone. Basically the lower half of the state is shotgun and the rest of the upper part including the upper peninsula is rifle. Now We’re allowed to use straight walled rifle cartridge firearms in the shotgun zone but there is a maximum length cartridge that is allowed. Many guys use the 450 bushmaster down here now. I’m guessing the 350 legend will be popular now too.