• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anschutz Anschutz Match Mod 220 Part Needed

Hello,

Just got an Anschutz Match Mod 220 rifle and discovered a bolt/screw is missing. It is the one directly in front of the trigger guard. Please see photo. I don’t know the name of this part. Anyone with an owner’s manual or schematic? Hopefully someone will know the size and thread pitch of this part. The likelihood of an original part being available is probably very low. I probably will have to modify a screw to fit. So any info will be greatly appreciated. Want to shoot this beautiful gun.

Also… anyone with experience shooting this gun? Be great to hear some dos and don’ts. Is there a safety? Any weight limitations with the pellets I use. Prior to discovering the missing screw, I test fired the gun and noticed 8.4gr pellets will not get push out of the barrel. The 7.4s all shot out ok. But going to hold off shooting the gun until I get that screw in.

Also, also… any way to check the age of this gun based on serial numbers? The date is on the barrel on my 54 and 64 rimfires… but none on this airgun.

I do know one shooter down in Olympia who has one and seen him shoot indoor matches with it. Will reach out to him fir advise as well.

Thanks

Bob

IMG_9232.jpeg

Reactions: Bandito
It's an exquisite airgun, as historically significant as any, beautifully made and about as accurate any of its various derivatives from FWB, Anschutz.
I think is much more problem free than an Anschutz 250, its successor?
You need a 22mm M6x0.75 cheese head slotted machine screw. I'd think an original very hard to find, but a socket head screw in that size is fairly easy to find.
I don't think there is any way to date the gun, but your's looks like later production, early 1960's?...better photos?
It's fairly easy to take the gun apart and inspect. I've never had to replace seals, but others may have done so. Be careful of the orientation of the hairspring you'll find on disassembly, and the pellet loading ramp feature might be best deleted? It's a bit difficult to load the pellet into the breech?
There is no safety, and no ABT as I remember.
I don't think Anschutz was barrel dating their guns in 1960-62 about when the gun was made?

Last edited:
It's an exquisite airgun, as historically significant as any, beautifully made and about as accurate any of its various derivatives from FWB, Anschutz. Until you get a Giss Diana, you can't do any better?
I think is much more problem free than an Anschutz 250, its successor?
You need a 22mm M6x0.75 cheese head slotted machine screw. I'd think an original very hard to find, but a socket head screw in that size is fairly easy to find.
I don't think there is any way to date the gun, but your's looks like later production, early 1960's?...better photos?
It's fairly easy to take the gun apart and inspect. I've never had to replace seals, but others may have done so. Be careful of the orientation of the hairspring you'll find on disassembly, and the pellet loading ramp feature might be best deleted? It's a bit difficult to load the pellet into the breech?
There is no safety, and no ABT as I remember.
I don't think Anschutz was barrel dating their guns in 1960-62 about when the gun was made?
thank you for such timely info… happen chance would you know the spec on the screws on a RWS 54? going to a machinist supply store later and may just buy to replace the philip head screws…

having a schematic will give me more confidence to take that thing apart

Hello,
I have one that does not work anymore, a piece of folded metal has broken off and as stated above I have not been able to find anything as of yet to replace the part. I LOVE to shoot mine. They were manufactured between 1963-1967 if my memory is correct.
maybe it can continue to live as a parts donor… or someone elae with one that can be parted out… sure there are a few out there no longer in operation

so, you will need to do some cross checking part number and see if you could get something that will work
here are all of the parts diagrams
Knibbs has no listing for the 220 or Waffencenter Gotha, Chambers doesn't list Anschutz
but i would guess there are common parts good luck

https://www.anschuetz-sport.com/en/downloads/ersatzteillisten/

Reactions: MOSOSODBOB
Hello,
I have one that does not work anymore, a piece of folded metal has broken off and as stated above I have not been able to find anything as of yet to replace the part. I LOVE to shoot mine. They were manufactured between 1963-1967 if my memory is correct.
Maybe your broken folded metal is "part 12"? It's machined, and not of mild steel. A few years ago new-made part 12 was available in Britain. It would be difficult to replicate, I think?
The other problem is the the piston buffer replacement required the gun be sent back to the factory! I'd think there might be a workaround for that if you knew what you were doing?

Last edited:
i have spent some time looking at old posts to see if there is going to a easy answer and the fact is there is none
post as old as 2009 with owners looking for parts and the answer than was there are no parts
simple stuff like a missing screw could be found maybe on another model and or another brand
and looking at the guts of these rifle they are not a simple spring and seal but more complex
they are a beautiful gun but at the same time a part away from being a wall hanger
here is the thread at Vintage

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.com/anschutz/anschutz-lg220/

Reactions: MOSOSODBOB
Thanks to a member on this forum I was able to view a schematic and gain the needed confidence to disassemble the rifle and see how things are attached. The stock screws, three of them, all different length, but are the same diameter and pitch. It is 6mm but a fine thread pitch. Not the more common 6-1.0mm found at the box stores. I suspect it is the o.75 pitch. Have ordered a batch from Amazon and will confirm that is the correct size when I have them to try. Thanks to all with your input and leads to info and resources. Will post a report when I get this rifle into operation.

My suggestion, incase a correct screw cannot be found, is to get on the hobby machinist forums. There will be folks on there that love helping people and might be willing to manufacture a correct screw for you given the right information. Alternative is to CAD up the design and send it off to prototype shop, but it will be prohibitively expensive.

-Marty

...you need a 22mm cheese head slotted M6x0.75 machine screw. Cheese head slotted screws are obsolete, but a socket head version is common...
I brought some hex head and turned the head to fit the bottom metal… works! unfortunately it is not blued steel…but the stainless looks ok… was going to do allthree, but decided to keep the original parts installed.