• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anschutz 9015 ONE Hunting (Sub 12) .177 - Close Up Look

1556231599_20358492935cc235afa8f384.37658656_slow1.jpg

Here is a close up look at a high quality sub 12 foot pound PCP air rifle. The Anschutz 9015 ONE Hunting HP is a single shot PCP that shoots 10.4gr .177 caliber ammo at 690 feet per second. A full review and accuracy testing on this rifle will be along soon. Thanks for watching! -Nate 

https://youtu.be/WmrYnNAaQNQ

Seems like sub 12 fpe (11fpe by your numbers) would not be so great for hunting!! I know most people will use this as a target rifle, but the name seems out of place for a rifle with such little power. I bet it's accurate though.

Chas

All airguns regardless of calibre are sub 12fpe in the uk, that is unless you jump though hoops to gain an FAC licence.

i have shot several thousand pigeons and almost as many rabbits with my sub 12 fpe guns, none of the animals I have shot have complained they are not dead enough. I will agree that power does help to extend the range but correct shot placement with a sub 12 will humanly dispatch small game past 50yards. A body shot on a squirrel at 150yards with a .22 slug at 950fps is not more difficult than hitting the brain at 50yards with a .22 pellet at 570fps.

Bb

Seems like sub 12 fpe (11fpe by your numbers) would not be so great for hunting!! I know most people will use this as a target rifle, but the name seems out of place for a rifle with such little power. I bet it's accurate though.

Chas

A body shot on a squirrel at 150yards with a .22 slug at 950fps is not more difficult than hitting the brain at 50yards with a .22 pellet at 570fps.

Bb

I completely agree. When I grew up shooting with BB and pellet guns, I had cheap springers and pumpers. I used to compare shooting birds in trees out at 125y free handed with my cheap .22 Crosman pumper rifle with shooting squirrels running on power lines with it. Neither were particularly easy! I doubt that I even had 12fpe.

All airguns regardless of calibre are sub 12fpe in the uk, that is unless you jump though hoops to gain an FAC licence.

... I will agree that power does help to extend the range but correct shot placement with a sub 12 will humanly dispatch small game past 50yards...

Bb

When it comes to sub-12fpe performance and capability, you need look no further than VerminhuntersTV on YT for instruction and enlightenment. Si Pittaway and Davy Thomas are brilliant sportsmen and ambassadors for air gun sports in Britain. Watch some of their pesting, hunting, and field target work and you'll see firsthand just how capable sub-12fpe guns can be.

Newt, Not yet! I just got moved up to the county so I can finally shoot my Airguns (I was in CA where they are frowned upon big time)...so now I have a pile of rifles, literally, that I never shot. The 9015 will be one of my first rifles I shoot for a week and review RIGHT AWAY. 

My thoughts so far are this: It’s definitely one of the most beautiful rifles I have ever ever seen. What I am expecting of the rifle is that it will put them through the same exact hole, I’m not talking about one ragged hole, but the actual pellet hole, at 25 yards...maybe farther. If I can sit there and at 30 yards put them through the exact same hole then I would say that it’s worth $2000. I can’t wait to see. I also have a few high end Steyr rifles...all though they are not sub 12, but I can’t wait to see what they will do on accuracy as well. 

Just check back on “Airgun Channel” on YouTube or Google in about a month or 6 weeks and I’ll have a FULL REVIEW of my 9015 (new “full review, no B.S.” format on the way). 

See you soon! -Nate 

It has plenty of power for hunting. The main difference between a sub 12 fpe rifle and one with twice the power is learning its trajectory. Neither one has much power, which means a vital organ hit is necessary for a humane kill. But dead is dead. It's all about learning to hit with the rifle of your choice.