Anschutz 8002 S2 Regulator

Ok guys I am looking for some help here.....

I am going to keep my Anschutz 8002 S2 and am planning on upgrading the rifle to 12 ft/lb. Though that is going to require some work to be done on the rifle. I have an individual I am going to send the rifle to for the work, but I am trying to locate a higher powered regulator. Have any of you guys done this with these rifles, or have any info on where I can locate parts? I have already called Anschutz North America and was told that they had no parts. As well as Pilkington Airguns as well, sadly with the same answer. I do have a few other emails out mainly to Anschutz over in Germany to see if there is anything there.

So any insight or help that you guys can think of? Or have any of you done this to your rifle and know where to still find parts?

Thanks

Already in contact with Tyler. Have to find the parts so he can do the conversion.
Ahhh, I see.

Good call on having Tyler set the rifle up, the one that I had was very mild mannered and accurate with 8.4 and 10.3 JSBs.

My 8002 was in a club stock and I sold it on when I acquired an outstanding TM1000.
Good luck with the build, you will enjoy it!

I am talking with a few people to find parts. In my internet sluthing I am finding that the 9015HP regulator and internals may be a newer version of the 8002 S2 rifles. So the parts are more than likely compatible. Going to call Anschutz North America today and pick their minds for a bit and see what they say.

My 8002 S2 is in the aluminum stock. It looks like the shooting coach at Ole Miss painted it black at some point. So unsure what color the rifle actually was originally. So I am thinking about bead blasting everything down to bare metal and either re-coating it with something flashy, or hydro dipping the stock. Have a few pieces of carbon to play with as well for a barrel sleeve.

What barrel did you use in yours Chuck? I am still surprised at how short the barrels are on these rifles.

***SCORE!!!!!!***. Anschutz North America is on the phone now and the Tech said he has a few of them laying around! Grabbing one before anyone else does! So my rifle will soon be going out to Tyler for the complete set up.

Last edited:
I am talking with a few people to find parts. In my internet sluthing I am finding that the 9015HP regulator and internals may be a newer version of the 8002 S2 rifles. So the parts are more than likely compatible. Going to call Anschutz North America today and pick their minds for a bit and see what they say.

My 8002 S2 is in the aluminum stock. It looks like the shooting coach at Ole Miss painted it black at some point. So unsure what color the rifle actually was originally. So I am thinking about bead blasting everything down to bare metal and either re-coating it with something flashy, or hydro dipping the stock. Have a few pieces of carbon to play with as well for a barrel sleeve.

What barrel did you use in yours Chuck? I am still surprised at how short the barrels are on these rifles.

***SCORE!!!!!!***. Anschutz North America is on the phone now and the Tech said he has a few of them laying around! Grabbing one before anyone else does! So my rifle will soon be going out to Tyler for the complete set up.
Good score man. Persistence and research paid off, that is awesome!!

The 8002 that I had was all stock Anschutz 10M rifle, that had just been 'turnt up'.
I bought it from Johm Eroh here on the forum when he sold it on. He acquired it from Tyler.
When I sold it on, I included a complete set of spares for the tune parts. Someone out there wound up with the exact kit you needed, but maybe they are not an AGN member?

8.4 JSBs in 4.51 head size were THE pellet in that rifle. It would shoot the 10.3s decent, but the 8.4s were just that little smidgen better. It did not like H&N FTTs, JSB 7.8s or any of the other usual suspects.

I bead blasted an aluminum stock from an Anschutz 2025, which appears to be very close to the 8002 version, and it came out looking good. I clear coated it with some good rattle can clear, the single use can kind, where you have to press the bottom and shake like bejeebers to mix.

Last edited:
Reactions: woogie_man
Now the waiting starts and I need to forget about things until everything is done .... lol

The one thing that is odd, is it looks like the front of the receiver had the scope mount milled off for some reason?!?! So may have to figure something out so not a big deal. I work in a machine shop and am able to fabricate things as well.

Need to find a rail, a scope, and some time to shoot!

Ok guys I am looking for some help here.....

I am going to keep my Anschutz 8002 S2 and am planning on upgrading the rifle to 12 ft/lb. Though that is going to require some work to be done on the rifle. I have an individual I am going to send the rifle to for the work, but I am trying to locate a higher powered regulator. Have any of you guys done this with these rifles, or have any info on where I can locate parts? I have already called Anschutz North America and was told that they had no parts. As well as Pilkington Airguns as well, sadly with the same answer. I do have a few other emails out mainly to Anschutz over in Germany to see if there is anything there.

So any insight or help that you guys can think of? Or have any of you done this to your rifle and know where to still find parts?

Thanks
This seems to be a very old thread?
But
I sent mine to AZ.... took a while to get it back.... but he upped it to 16 ft lbs capable and then set it to 12 ft lbs for wftf.
This gun is insanely quiet.
i use it only to train my offhand standing shots as it is also a weeee bit heavy for moi.
yes - i have since installed the proper trigger guard.
IMG_7010.jpeg

Reactions: dgeesaman