Another wicked Cricket

So I finally got a .22 Cricket to go with the tack driving .25. Put a Hawke Sidewinder on, and started testing pellets and adjusting power. Perfect day, overcast, and not a breath of air. To my surprise the Air Arms Field 16s were the best round. The JSB 18s were a close second but I just couldn't get the consistent 1/4- group I wanted. Instead of testing 5 shot groups, I did 14 pellet (full mag) groups for consistency. The JSBs were at thier most accurate at 890fps, but I would get at least one flyer out of every mag that would blow the group out of 1/4. The Air Arms 16s were consistent lasers at 930fps. Needless to say I'm So happy!!!!
Of course this is only 25 yards, Ill take it out to 35 and 45 in the next day or two.

Here is a full magazine (14) of AA 16s at 25 yards.

Thanks for the input on the wildcat. I have had some interest in this airgun, but will hold off. I have a .22 synthetic BP Cricket and it has been absolutely perfect. It is as accurate as my .22 AirWolf MCT, so never desired any other BP until the wildcat came out. I'm still interested but I'm like you with my Cricket, and the rear cocking is not something I even think about. I guess if you require fast follow up shots like in a match this would be a plus, but for hunting I'm on a tripod rest so it doesn't matter for me.

Ya. The Wildcat is neat gun, Its accurate, light, cool looking. But For me, I felt like I was handling a toy. Cant really explain the feeling. The rear cocking on the Cricket doesn't bother me at all and after playing with it I can load with one hand. I'm not a brand person at all and I love Daystate long guns and would kill for a Boss .30, but In a bullpup the Cricket is the bomb for me. Easy to work on also. Ive had them torn down, resealed, Power checked and driving tacks. Im all excited again like when I got my Air Ranger.

Hey Hawken, I also love my .22 Cricket, haven't torn it apart yet, but after i get my next gun (most likely the Vulcan rifle) i will tear it apart and change the seals or something. May i ask why you went with a Cricket in .22 since you already had one in .25? Why not try something different? See i want a .25 and love the Cricket but figured two of the same guns in the house is excessive, they say variety is the spice of life so i'm shopping for something different, but going with an unknown can lead to heart ache.

"johnkn"Thank you sir, does the shroud make it quieter? What length case did you get for the .22 with shroud ?
The shroud makes it really quiet, With the LDC its whisper quiet. The case is a 36 inch but you have to remember there is 2 inches of solid no pick foam around the outside of the pick foam, so it more like 32 inches. Its just a touch long with the LDC attached so I set it up like this with a separate LDC slot:

I left room under the barrel for the Atlas when it comes in. The blue case has a spare O-ring set, hexs' for every screw and an extra valve shaft.

Quote: Ginuwine1969
Hey Hawken, I also love my .22 Cricket, haven’t torn it apart yet, but after i get my next gun (most likely the Vulcan rifle) i will tear it apart and change the seals or something. May i ask why you went with a Cricket in .22 since you already had one in .25? Why not try something different? See i want a .25 and love the Cricket but figured two of the same guns in the house is excessive, they say variety is the spice of life so i’m shopping for something different, but going with an unknown can lead to heart ache.

I figured if I liked the .25 so much, and all the reviews were so high on the .22, I couldn't go wrong. I use the .25 for hunting out in the desert and the .22 here on the ranch. The .25 is quiet, but with the .22 the horses don't even flinch. Id like to get one more down the road and I'm looking real hard at the Cricket carbine or Vulcan rifle. Although the Boss 30 still has my attention. I tried the Wildcat .22 first and it was a good gun, I just didn't like the feel of it. Somethings just don't feel right, even if they are good quality.