• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another which gun question.....again!

Ok guys, some of you may remember back in early August I ordered a Prophet Performance in .25 from AOA only to find out the next day that they didn't actually have one in stock so I cancelled my order. That same day my car took a crap so I guess it wasn't so bad cause I used the $$ for a down payment on a new car. Lucky me right?!? So, now that I'm ready to buy again I want to get some more opinions on my 3 choices.....Maverick Sniper in .22 700mm or Prophet Performance .22LR and Uragan Std in .22. I'm going to .22 because it seems to be in stock a lot more places and it's a little cheaper. Also, maybe any of the guns will like the Crossman's and they're waaay cheap at Wallyworld! Keep in mind I'm coming from a TalonP in .25 and a Kral EmpireX in .25. I usually just plink but have been moving out to farther distances and I love it. I also do the occasional pesting meaning when a shot comes available I'll take it and leave the varmint for the birds.The Kral is doing pretty good at 75-95 yards! I feel any of my new choices will be capable of 100+ and I would like to use slugs as well. Are any of the guns better than the other as far as slugs go? Do I need to get extras like a liner for the Mav to be able to shoot slugs? I can tinker although I have not with either of my current guns. Looks easy enough to tune/tinker/change cal with both guns watching AOA's video on the RTI and AEAC's video on the Mav although it seems more work to work on the Uragan. Only thing is there seems to be no Mavs available so....what say you??? Pros/Cons of each from some owners? I had the Prophet in my hands so to speak and now with the extra time I've second guessed myself. I know all 3 guns are excellent just from postings here on the forum so which has the edge from another. I'm the type of guy who gets up early and drives out to the desert and hangs steel targets and shoots for a couple of hours and if I get a squirrel/rabbit in the meantime cool! Just food for the hawks. Sorry for the long post!

Well the Maverick should shoot the FX slugs right out of the box once it is tuned for them. But it can have just the liner changed to a Superior Heavy to shoot the medium to heavy slugs if that is what you want. The new liner is just over $100. You can change back anytime you want but from what I hear is the slug liners shoot pellets pretty good as well so there may not be a need.

I know the .25 Impact Slug A liner in my Impact shoots the JSB 33.95 pellets light out as well as the NSA 33.5HP, 36dimple nose, 36.2HP, and the VK34gr <MOA at 100 yards. These are the first and only four slugs I tried in it.

I would expect the superior Heavy to be even more versatile.