Another vineyard hunt

Well last weekend I met with Gerry52, and Centercut and we hit one of the vineyards we have a permission on....I had the Vixen long in 22, Gerry was shooting his bobcat 22, and Mike was shooting his mini cricket 22. We all took different areas on the vineyard and after about 10 minutes I get a text from Gerry 1 down, then 2 down....Then Mike jumps in with 1 down.....Crap I still haven't seen a squirrel yet....Then one pops out and I grab my yardage wheel and proceed to pull it off and the turret spins.....double 💩 no idea where it is going to shoot now....

Gerry..... 3 down, Mike .....2 down...🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

Off I go through the vineyard back to my car and I pull out the Huntsman in 177 that I sighted in maybe 4 weeks ago....going to set it up for FT....First squirrel down 53 yards, then one at 55 yards....Head over to where Mike is sitting and get one at 73 and 70 yards.....At the end of the hunt we totaled 20 squirrels and I think Gerry was the winner of the day with 10, I think. I know the guys will jump in and correct me😎

Even with the rifle taking a 💩 I still had a great time shooting with friends and seeing what I can do with the huntsman...Mike took this picture, a 70 yard uphill shot...We mainly shoot off bucket and sticks or use the fence for a rest.

Tony P.
IMG_5072.jpeg

Well last weekend I met with Gerry52, and Centercut and we hit one of the vineyards we have a permission on....I had the Vixen long in 22, Gerry was shooting his bobcat 22, and Mike was shooting his mini cricket 22. We all took different areas on the vineyard and after about 10 minutes I get a text from Gerry 1 down, then 2 down....Then Mike jumps in with 1 down.....Crap I still haven't seen a squirrel yet....Then one pops out and I grab my yardage wheel and proceed to pull it off and the turret spins.....double 💩 no idea where it is going to shoot now....

Gerry..... 3 down, Mike .....2 down...🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

Off I go through the vineyard back to my car and I pull out the Huntsman in 177 that I sighted in maybe 4 weeks ago....going to set it up for FT....First squirrel down 53 yards, then one at 55 yards....Head over to where Mike is sitting and get one at 73 and 70 yards.....At the end of the hunt we totaled 20 squirrels and I think Gerry was the winner of the day with 10, I think. I know the guys will jump in and correct me😎

Even with the rifle taking a 💩 I still had a great time shooting with friends and seeing what I can do with the huntsman...Mike took this picture, a 70 yard uphill shot...We mainly shoot off bucket and sticks or use the fence for a rest.

Tony P.
View attachment 274927
I know I had 7 total, I think 5 of those were head shots. We’ve shot so many with 18.1 grain .22 caliber JSB at 870-sh fps that we can tell by the sound if it’s a head shot, heart-lung shoulder shot, or gut shot. Tony had 4 good shots and Gerry 10 or 11…. A fun morning!

Yeah Gerry at times has a good eye for patterns in the brush..It was fun hanging with the guys!!!

Tony P
Tony you’ve got a great eye for spotting them. Sometimes in the brush when they’re very still you only see them when they blink. Then it’s lights out. 😎

Reactions: Gerry52