Another squirrel video

My mom loves to feed and watch the birds in her back yard but the squirrels also love the same feeders. There’s a ton of squirrels around her house so I went over to try and get a few. Figured I might as well make a video of it. I wanted more but I think the blind I put up behind her house scared them a bit. Hopefully they get used to it and more come in next time. I am just trying to thin them out some and not trying to wipe them out. If you watch it do me a favor and let me know how the picture quality is I switched my cameras from 60fps to 24fps. I’m just curious if I should switch back to 60. It just takes up so much memory on my sd cards. Thanks and hope you enjoy

https://youtu.be/c_odR340m7E

Reactions: CampFussell
I don't usually visit the Hunting part of the forum, but great video and I especially like the fact that you take them for food. Been a long time since I've ate a squirrel, or a rabbit for that matter. 

Haven't skinned one since a young teenager. Would go hunting with my grandfather in the 70's. We'd skin them and Grandma would cook us up a good plate of squirrel and rice.

I only feed them now. Don't have bird feeders for them to raid, but they love to eat the corn I put out for the deer.

1541606770_4773840335be30d728f3fa3.67189565_IMG_0118.JPG

My grand parents raised their own chickens and hogs too. Grandma could make some killer liver pudding ;-)

Wow, your cooking vids are making me hungry. I subscribed.

Jimmy

Thank you, I almost always hunt from blinds anymore unless it’s just not possible. I can’t stand freezing and having to head in early. I like my heaters! I’ll try and share some info about my stuff next time. I just personally never got into that aspect of hunting videos. It always feels like to me that someone is trying to sell or push a product. I never have any intentions of doing that. I just enjoy hunting and if I film it then I can show my dad my adventures. It’s just fun for me. 

Hunt4Dinner

This is the closest thing I can find around where I live that even resembles the taste of what my grandmother used to make.

1541617842_12629215155be338b2f3f719.15702431_29343139_1813474738683439_904582801880252416_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/clearrunfarms/

Our cat likes to antagonize the squirrels. Haven't seen her catch one yet. I think she's just likes the companionship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ7aXUqgEPM

Was trying to get Kitkat interacting with the deer? They are real curious of her. Then got a huge surprise ;-) Didn't think we were going to have any fawns this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ1PdAuHfI0

Fuss

Reactions: sonny
@Hunt4Dinner, great video. How are you liking your Taipan Veteran? Is that the standard or long? I'm eyeballing that one real hard for squirreling duties. Love the CZ barrels. I've never had a rifle with a CZ barrel on it that was not amazingly accurate. 

Jimmy, how did your cat NOT jump on that squirrel?? That was so funny to watch. I guess he just wants to play. 

Jimmy, how did your cat NOT jump on that squirrel?? That was so funny to watch. I guess he just wants to play.

She's a strange kitty Michael? She showed up here about 2:00 in the morning when I couldn't sleep one night. She crossed right between me and the pellet trap and went straight to the sieves full of corn. She was nothing but bones and looked like she was trying to eat the corn? I called out to her and she seemed friendly, so I got her some dog food ( didn't have a cat at the time) and she's been here ever since.

Figured she needed a buddy since she liked to hang out with the squirrels? So, I rescued this little buggar from the pound. Now I got 2 cats that like to worry the heck out me when I'm trying to shoot at night? LOL

1541640985_2017154905be393197f0016.88463869_IMG_0293.JPG

1541641238_17127941615be39416487dd2.21456582_IMG_0315.JPG

@Hunt4Dinner, great video. How are you liking your Taipan Veteran? Is that the standard or long? I'm eyeballing that one real hard for squirreling duties. Love the CZ barrels. I've never had a rifle with a CZ barrel on it that was not amazingly accurate. 

I love my veteran. I have the standard .25 and from what I’ve read the .25 isn’t a CZ barrel it’s a LW barrel. It’s very accurate while hunting. I’ve never took it out to shoot groups at 100yds but it hits everything I shoot at. It shoulders very nice too. It doesn’t come with a rail mount for a bipod but that’s very easy to install. If something were ever to happen to mine I would buy another in an instant. 

I love my veteran. I have the standard .25 and from what I’ve read the .25 isn’t a CZ barrel it’s a LW barrel. It’s very accurate while hunting. I’ve never took it out to shoot groups at 100yds but it hits everything I shoot at. It shoulders very nice too. It doesn’t come with a rail mount for a bipod but that’s very easy to install. If something were ever to happen to mine I would buy another in an instant.

Thanks for the input. Yes, the .25' are LW barrels and the .22's are the CZ. I forgot about that distinction. I wish they'd put a CZ .25 model out. Maybe in a future model.