• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another potential pellet gun shooting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On display here is the power of instant world-wide communication. Something happens in Mongolia and suddenly the media machine needs something to fill its pages and pages of click hungry web space. Now we all are doused in the story about a oxen team that whistles Dixie while they pull a plow.

Last week there was a report from Houston about a squirrel that was "terrorizing" a neighborhood. Women and children were afraid to go outside... Hardly worth local, much less national coverage, but there it was. media needs to generate clicks, or more directly, money.

Spook, you (and papy_yosh and most others) have the right to say what you want. Doesn't mean that it will be welcomed, appreciated, free from ramification.7 billion other people have the same right as you to express their views in a venue like this, if the forum owner (in this case) permits it. Freedom of speech is NOT freedom of responsibility.

And yes, I think even my post goes beyond anything that should be allowed here. 

We all have the right to express ourselves to the extent that the forum in which we express it permits it. In the case of forums on teh Interwebz, the owners have certain standards which they establish based upon their customer base and the income that advertising will generate. That is understandable BECAUSE all forums on teh Interwebz are FIRST and FOREMOST BUSINESS propositions. Don't make the mistake of forgetting that if you decide to hand your rights over to someone else.

That said, it is not irresponsible to discuss the truth, in ANY forum. It is, however; very irresponsible to suppress it for convenience sake. In the case of nations we suppress speech at our own peril, you may disagree with that. That is your right as it is mine to disagree with you. However, I am not within my rights trying to suppress your speech, kindly allow me the same courtesy.

I have no clue what you are talking about when you say you think your post goes beyond anything that should be allowed here?

You response has little to do with my point. It has nothing to with a commercial enterprise, it's about the reality of 'freedom of speech' within any limitation our host allows. Words have ramifications regardless of the person rights. It's that simple. 

I'm done with this topic. PM me your phone number if you want to flesh out my views.

Fair enough. Don't wait for the phone to ring. This was about suppression of speech, not choice of words.

On display here is the power of instant world-wide communication. Something happens in Mongolia and suddenly the media machine needs something to fill its pages and pages of click hungry web space. Now we all are doused in the story about a oxen team that whistles Dixie while they pull a plow.

Last week there was a report from Houston about a squirrel that was "terrorizing" a neighborhood. Women and children were afraid to go outside... Hardly worth local, much less national coverage, but there it was. media needs to generate clicks, or more directly, money.

=) Yeah that's for sure. The 24 hour news cycle takes exactly the same amount of information that we used to get between 6:00 and 6:30 PM and repeats it 48 times across 24 hours 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.