Another Pet Irritation

If memory serves, the HW99S is made/branded for the UK and the same rifle as the HW50S. From poking around a few of the UK gun shops that sell them, they run anywhere from 259.99-269.99 British pounds which converts at current rate to $313.26 - $325.31 in Dollars. Krale will sell you one for $287 and change plus shipping so cheaper than AoA.
The HW50S sells here currently for $389.99 so you get the joy of having import and shipping fees added to AoA's price...lol.

If memory serves, the HW99S is made/branded for the UK and the same rifle as the HW50S. From poking around a few of the UK gun shops that sell them, they run anywhere from 259.99-269.99 British pounds which converts at current rate to $313.26 - $325.31 in Dollars.
The HW50S sells here currently for $389.99 so you get the joy of having import and shipping fees added to AoA's price...lol.

The pound is currently 84 cents on the dollar and you can subtract 20% because of no VAT.

Edit: the pound was 84 cents the other day. It has jumped back up or I looked it up wrong.

I know it bounces around and when I looked earlier, 1 British pound was equal to $1.20 US and where I got my numbers from. Pricing aside, you'd also get the problem of trying to get any UK shops to sell and ship you one since most I ever looked at trying to find things have no option for shipping things to the US, and you'd have to contact them to see if they even would.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Unfortunately you won’t find a German or UK rifle for $200. I have purchased a couple of $200 rifles from Benjamin and have been disappointed by all of them. If air rifles is what your looking to get into, and you ant spring piston, You would suggest saving a little bit longer and getting the HW50s, Krale will have the best price. And FWI every year they get more expensive, food for thought.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
The current "HW 50" was known everywhere as the "HW 99" when first introduced, around the turn of the century. The gun is very similar in size and configuration (double-link cocking, etc.) to the original HW 50 - Weihrauch's first air rifle, introduced 1951, and being discontinued in parallel. So for historical and marketing reasons, after a little time to sell off old stock, etc., in most markets the HW 99 slid into being an "improved" HW 50.

The original HW 50 was less known in the UK, so apparently it made more sense there to keep the "new" name for a new rifle.

Beeman also briefly sold the gun here in the US as the "R6."

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble
If you are looking for an affordable decently made springer hit the used market. I recently found a nearly new Diana M34, 2018 manufacture date, in .22 at a pawn shop. Walked it out the door for $150 including a rws mount and garbage scope. Upon shooting it was diesling off the factory oil. Once done with that it settled down to print respectable groups with Crosman 14.3s at an average of just under 700 FPS.