• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Another P-Rod permutation

Installed a JSAR P-Rod valve in one of my bottle builds that was previously powered with a Maximus valve coupled with a 2240 steel breech.

0302230614 (2).jpg

I had another P-Rod tube, so I installed the JSAR valve in it, along with a Hill gauge block and aluminum hammer. So I took the above assembly, minus the rear stock/bottle/reg combo, installed a gauge and P-Rod forearm & rear stock, and gave it to my neighbor. He was "shickled titless" you might say.

So I needed a breech & bolt assembly, and decided to use the top end & trigger group from my P-Rod build in a 1701 tube, which will of course be born again at some point, and a Marauder 20" barrel -
2023-12-11.jpg

And this is the result -

20240316_103511.jpg

Well, I have to say, so far, I'm VERY PLEASED with the performance of the valve. The Gurllieu paintball reg has a 2200 psi output, and getting 31.5 fpe with FX 18.1 pellets.
I got lucky with this Marauder barrel - I sighted in with H&N 14.6 grain FT at 25 yards. - 15.89 grain Barracuda, Predator shorts, and 18.1 FX all have the same poi, and all still dead on at 42 yards, the distance from my shooting rest to my far target backstop. I can get in 55 yard shots from my Hunter position 13 yards behind my bench, but that's utilised for Hunter FT practice.

Hope this wasn't too boring, just thought ya'll might want to know what some of us are up to in the "cheap seats" -

20240316_104549.jpg

Last edited:
Installed a JSAR P-Rod valve in one of my bottle builds that was previously powered with a Maximus valve coupled with a 2240 steel breech.

View attachment 446120

I had another P-Rod tube, so I installed the JSAR valve in it, along with a Hill gauge block and aluminum hammer. So I took the above assembly, minus the rear stock/bottle/reg combo, installed a gauge and P-Rod forearm & rear stock, and gave it to my neighbor. He was "shickled titless" you might say.

So I needed a breech & bolt assembly, and decided to use the top end & trigger group from my P-Rod build in a 1701 tube, which will of course be born again at some point, and a Marauder 20" barrel -View attachment 446130

And this is the result -

View attachment 446132

Well, I have to say, so far, I'm VERY PLEASED with the performance of the valve. The Gurllieu paintball reg has a 2200 psi output, and getting 31.5 fpe with FX 18.1 pellets.
I got lucky with this Marauder barrel - I sighted in with H&N 14.6 grain FT at 25 yards. - 15.89 grain Barracuda, Predator shorts, and 18.1 FX all have the same poi, and all still dead on at 42 yards, the distance from my shooting rest to my far target backstop. I can get in 55 yard shots from my Hunter position 13 yards behind my bench, but that's utilised for Hunter FT practice.

Hope this wasn't too boring, just thought ya'll might want to know what some of us are up to in the "cheap seats" -

View attachment 446141
Fascinating build