• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another One In The Dirt

After taking out some other chipmunks last weekend this morning I got another. There was another one that disappeared and also another I could hear further away doing that irritating shrill chirp they do.
Taken at 25yds with the Diana 34 Panther with Air Arms Diablo Field. Why mess with success??
One shot, a very short shake and it was over. Humane and Quick.
1526088723_21419226245af6441396f9e4.28043416_chip4.jpg

I really do not understand how these little beasts can become so prolific in such a short amount of time. It's obvious more will need to be dealt with.

Thanks for the link, some information in there is a bit shocking.
On the map it shows my area of NC as non-shaded and a bit west of me. Obviously that is wrong as they are here for sure.
The fact they eat insects and carrion is also a shock. So they are bloodthirsty!
And lastly that they prey on young birds and bird eggs. Yeah I can see where they would be an efficient killer on a young bird because they are so fast. Still shocking nonetheless.

Got 3 more today. No pics though, as one shot was fairly graphic. The pellet seemed to follow a rather rough course and some innards came out. I still don't think this is the last of them because after all these were down I heard that annoying chirp in the very near distance.
Probably give them a week to regroup and not get so leery. These today were considerably more aware and harder to get a shot on. In addition to that they were tougher than the others. 2 today required second shots, even though they were hit like all the ones before.