• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Another...NOT a GK1 thread

Got myself a new Zoraki Ultra (.22) yesterday.

Interesting gun. I normally don't care for the "Star Wars" looking plastic guns, but I've been curious about it so...

Interesting looking. Had to remove the grips, palm rest to make room for my hand. It came to me in its lowest position, still not enough room for it to feel even close to being comfortable.
I oiled everything. Did a "little" bit of trigger adjustment after firing a few shots. It really didn't need much, After the trigger hit's the "wall", it's a much more...crisp let-off than I figured it would be. Only thing is the trigger and its other parts are "tight" in the frame. Maybe after about 1000 rounds, it might loosen a bit !
I put a very small Burris 3, red dot sight (yes, a reflex sight) on it. The sight's been sitting on the shelf for years, so I thought I'd give it another try. Actually had to modify the adapter Picatinny/Weaver mount to fit the shape of the top rail of the gun.
Even though it's a $290 gun, (not a $50 P17) it's still more accurate, easy to shoot than I figured it might be. Actually surprising how easy and accurate it's shooting...off-hand (as I do all of my guns), especially in my old hands.
From across the living room, it looks a bit like the Beeman, P3 / P17. I sorta put it in the same class before I bought the one that I have. But even though it's a plastic gun, (NOT...ballistic plastic as some think), and similar in looks, it's quite a different gun.
So far, have only used the "two" pump speed. No need for anything higher, in my case. Shooting only about 10 yrds. at little dots. As I said earlier, it's very easy to shoot accurately.

So far...glad I bought it.

Mike

Reactions: Hold_Over
Just googled these. What an odd way to pump the gun.
Umm, how...else...would you pump up a "pump" gun ?
Seems pretty normal to me.

Note, I should also say that the guys at MaxArmory are very nice, pleasant to deal with. Answered my questions without being "off" ! Offered other good information, without me having to ask.

Mike

Umm, how...else...would you pump up a "pump" gun ?
Seems pretty normal to me.

Note, I should also say that the guys at MaxArmory are very nice, pleasant to deal with. Answered my questions without being "off" ! Offered other good information, without me having to ask.

Mike
They usually pump from under the barrel, not the barrel rising up like that.

Yes its accuracy is right there with a PCP pistol, No kick or shake like a springer, Mine came with a cool little case , I also do the two pumps very seldom 3.
I did take the safety off mine, I didn't like the safety if front of the trigger. I take mine out oil and pump it and shoot it every few months , Got to many guns! LOL. Mike you shoot your Zoraki in the living room, Tell your wife I love her, LOL.
Mike