• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another newbie

I was directed here by a an another member of a firearm forum I'm a member of. And been a member there for over a decade using the same screen name. I won't post which, so as not break any rules I don't know about yet.

Looking for information, knowledge and expertise in this new, to me, discipline of shooting. For now, I think I'll be doing a lot more perusing and reading than posting.

hello and welcome
there is a deep end of the pool and a swallow end and i would wade in to start
pistols or rifle or both
you are in Texas so maybe someone is close to you to show you some guns
and everyone has an opinion and of course all are right LOL
where to start, to buy cheap or just quality, the name of the game in this hobby is money and the space you have to store all your new toys

Reactions: Byrd666
shh-secret.gif

Thanks to all yáll for the welcome.

I don't know if it was the smartest/best move or not but, I've got a Umarex Origin in .22 headed my way. After watching a lot of vids. I figured that was a decent way to start. And I'll get some exercise as well (groan) via the included pump. Now I'm looking into fiscally responsible scopes for the said purchase.

For now, I think this will be a much cheaper way to get me back behind a scope to re-learn and tuneup the rifle skills I've lost over the years. And then...