• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another newbie question

Not all dive shops will fill to 4500, ours here would only fill to 3000 which is what the industry standard 80 cf aluminum cylinder is rated at. Hopefully you’ll be able to find one that will. If not, take a box of donuts to your local fire department, sometimes bribery is the only way
1f609.svg

good point, because lots of folks have gun that will take 300 bar and starting out around 200 is going to limit shots per fill.

Almost identical situation to yours. I finally got my gun in and then got my tank. So I’ve got the gun, air, ammo, & I’ve got the will.
I found out the dive shop closest to me closed. No problem bunch of other dive shops. Wrong they’re all closed to so now the closest shop is 30 miles away. Called them they said they would fill me to 4400 maybe 4500 if their banks were full. Found two other shops that would fill my SCBA tank. They said they would go anywhere from 3300 to 4300 but no higher.🤯 7-10 bucks to fill fyi

I am already saving for an Alkin. Those compressors look solid and I haven’t found much bad about them and they have great customer service at least that’s what I’m reading
What have I gotten myself into with his PCP business holy cow. Between the air and ammo shortages I may have to throw my gun at the intended target. 

IF you find a shop that fills to a TRUE 4500 have it filled all the way. This usually requires a 2 step fill process (filling to FULL on the gauge & letting tank cool. Pressure can drop 200-300psi after cooling. Then have them TRULY top it off). Price in So. California can range from $5-$10. It varies. My year (or so) old Yong Heng has already paid for itself. Glad I took the plunge & got one!

Closer situation than you know. PCP wasn’t my first. Much more $ and hassle for a new hobby that I’m not that familiar with.
Went with a break barrel at first. It took took 10 of body builders to cock it. Returned it in a week and here I am.
i considered a compressor but quickly put the breaks on the idea. With the Gun, Scope, and tank (that I didn’t get yet) I’m into it for 2k and I’ve only shot about 40 pellets 😩
And like real gun ammo, pellets seem to be scarce.

Closer situation than you know. PCP wasn’t my first. Much more $ and hassle for a new hobby that I’m not that familiar with.
Went with a break barrel at first. It took took 10 of body builders to cock it. Returned it in a week and here I am.
i considered a compressor but quickly put the breaks on the idea. With the Gun, Scope, and tank (that I didn’t get yet) I’m into it for 2k and I’ve only shot about 40 pellets 😩
And like real gun ammo, pellets seem to be scarce.

No body said it was going to be cheap. many of us still dont have a real compressor. I started last year about this time. first purchase was like $3700. it did not stop. I'm only at 3 pcps and well over 15k (probably closer to 18k) and still no compressor. Not a big deal for me. but it would be more convenient to have one. If you think it is too much, stop now and save your money.

Allen

A friend once told me “ if you want a cheap hobby, buy a frisbee”

I bought an Altaros booster 5 or 6 years ago and it has been some of the best money I’ve ever spent.

The freedom to shoot whenever and as much as you want ( provided you have the pellets), is worth investing in. I highly recommend after the sting from initial startup is over, get you a reliable compressor.