• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Another new shooter needs help

Come on, man, I just read that you moved out of a tyrannical state to one that values freedom. Why can't you give others the same credit you give yourself?
True. Many like myself are moving from these tyrannical states. Both from the left and right. My point is that has the left learned why they are moving? The ones I have met here have not. Voting the same. The media is claiming the volume of people leaving these oppressive states are turning red states to purple. Where I don’t believe much of what the media claims, this just makes sense. Not meant to be condemning, it’s just if we don’t discuss this, nothing will be learned.

Last edited:
That's why I'm listening to some of the posts here about getting the scope separate.
Ya, I think best to . Most times a packaged scope just fails fast and your buying another more quality one anyway.. I also like to stick with the no questions asked lifetime brands especially for springers ..

One thing I will say in support of the Weihrauch scope is that functionally it is very well matched to the rifle. It has a very wide range of elevation adjustment so if there’s any barrel droop the scope should be able to compensate for it, it’s parallax focuses down to within 5 yards, it’s not overly large or heavy and the range of magnification is well suited to a break barrel rifle that will likely be used for hunting.

You can almost certainly do better in regard to optical quality however and I can absolutely understand why someone would want to put a nicer piece of glass on this rifle.

Reactions: drjjpdc78
One way or another I will find a way to get one to NJ.
maybe check the law with your local gun shop . what if you buy the gun (say from me ) can i ship to your shop and they issued to you ? If that would work you would be within the law and you can buy from wherever ,they ship to me and i ship to your local shop . , just using me as an example .

beer,
Thanks for your concern about my buying an airgun. Not trying to sound like a know it all but I have about a dozen longarms and handguns (powder variety) and have been through it all. Some FFL's will only do business with other FFL's and others will work with a private seller as long as he has a driver's license.

I see you live in KY and in western/southern KY, there are some wonderful lakes. On my other gun website, I have a number of friends there all over the state. I learned about the blue catfish. We have catfish in NJ but not the blue ones and I had no idea how big they are.

I'm not one to make decisions just on paper/internet reviews no matter the product. But I checked all 3 of the internet sites and there were a dearth of any kind of reviews on the Norica air rifles. One poster here recommended them, I just wish there was more research available to me.
Thank you for your help.

Reactions: mightyox
I'm not one to make decisions just on paper/internet reviews no matter the product. But I checked all 3 of the internet sites and there were a dearth of any kind of reviews on the Norica air rifles. One poster here recommended them, I just wish there was more research available to me.
Thank you for your help.
I'm just looking to get something more suited to my needs. 50 meters is where the starlings sit. My gamo swarm wisper does ok to that range but I'm looking for more accurate than this gamo. I can spend 500 but thats including everything, scope and all.

Mighty,

here's what pyramydair has to say.

.177 Caliber​

Best for Hunting: Quail, Dove, Pigeon, and Grouse
A .177 caliber pistol or rifle can be used for hunting small game that weighs less than 2 pounds and requires only 8 foot-pounds of energy to effectively kill. These animals include quail, dove, pigeon, and grouse and are best shot in the head to minimize damage to the meat.

If you are using a pistol, the effective range will be closer than if you use a rifle. The maximum effective range will also be determined by the powerplant of the airgun you choose. A break barrel has the shortest while a pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) has the longest.

Preferred Powerplant: Multi-Pump, Spring/Gas Piston, PCP

• Multi-Pump
    • Pistols will be effective up to 5 yards
    • Rifles will be effective up to 30 yards
  • Spring/Gas Piston
    • Pistols will be effective up to 10 yards
    • Rifles will be effective up to 50 yards
  • PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatic)
    • Pistols will be effective up to 20 yards
    • Rifles will be effective up to 75 yards
The advantage to using a .177 caliber pistol or rifle for hunting small game is that a small pellet leaves a small hole in a small critter. The disadvantage is that it's only effective against animals that are small and have light bones and a thin hide.

Mighty,

here's what pyramydair has to say.

.177 Caliber​

Best for Hunting: Quail, Dove, Pigeon, and Grouse
A .177 caliber pistol or rifle can be used for hunting small game that weighs less than 2 pounds and requires only 8 foot-pounds of energy to effectively kill. These animals include quail, dove, pigeon, and grouse and are best shot in the head to minimize damage to the meat.

If you are using a pistol, the effective range will be closer than if you use a rifle. The maximum effective range will also be determined by the powerplant of the airgun you choose. A break barrel has the shortest while a pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) has the longest.

Preferred Powerplant: Multi-Pump, Spring/Gas Piston, PCP

• Multi-Pump
    • Pistols will be effective up to 5 yards
    • Rifles will be effective up to 30 yards
  • Spring/Gas Piston
    • Pistols will be effective up to 10 yards
    • Rifles will be effective up to 50 yards
  • PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatic)
    • Pistols will be effective up to 20 yards
    • Rifles will be effective up to 75 yards
The advantage to using a .177 caliber pistol or rifle for hunting small game is that a small pellet leaves a small hole in a small critter. The disadvantage is that it's only effective against animals that are small and have light bones and a thin hide.
Thank you for that. I also dispatch groundhogs and raccoons. So 22 at least. Accuracy is the main issue for the starlings and my gamo. I should get a decent scope.... I'm still using the one that came on it. I wish I had came here before buying the gamo maybe yall could have stired me in the right direction. I have a ton of rabbits and squirrel but I can't use my 22LR or shotguns for that. Neighbors.

Last edited:
Mighty,

I don't know if you can tune up the gamo anymore. but to get the power and accuracy, you might have to get something like this benjamin to stay under 500 for everything. Or a beeman r7. Remember that with a .22 pellet the energy/speed will go down compared to .177.

Reactions: mightyox
Mighty,

I don't know if you can tune up the gamo anymore. but to get the power and accuracy, you might have to get something like this benjamin to stay under 500 for everything. Or a beeman r7. Remember that with a .22 pellet the energy/speed will go down compared to .177.

thanks. I'll add it to the cart and let yall know how she does.

Hawk vantage 3x9x40 be ok on that?