N/A Another new shooter needs help

Well the big mystery is over, leave it to NJ lawmakers to craft a law without the details for an FFL to comply with them.

Sorry John, I don’t handle Air Rifles, pellet guns or BB guns and I do not transfer them either. When I am asked, I tell everyone to just drive into PA and purchase it at any reputable gun shop. There are no sales restrictions in PA, and you can just bring it back to NJ.

No, air rifles are legal to own in NJ, the problem is that there is no guidance on how FFL should transfer them. There are no sales restrictions when purchasing them in PA.

Actually this reminds me of a pair of laws our brainless NJ politicians made. There was a law against backing out of your driveway onto a street. There was also another one that stated that you could not back into your own driveway. :)

Reactions: mightyox
Well the big mystery is over, leave it to NJ lawmakers to craft a law without the details for an FFL to comply with them.

Sorry John, I don’t handle Air Rifles, pellet guns or BB guns and I do not transfer them either. When I am asked, I tell everyone to just drive into PA and purchase it at any reputable gun shop. There are no sales restrictions in PA, and you can just bring it back to NJ.

No, air rifles are legal to own in NJ, the problem is that there is no guidance on how FFL should transfer them. There are no sales restrictions when purchasing them in PA.

Actually this reminds me of a pair of laws our brainless NJ politicians made. There was a law against backing out of your driveway onto a street. There was also another one that stated that you could not back into your own driveway. :)

Well let hope your drive connects to and alley. If not I reck you’ll have to power slide in sideway. Donut out 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: drjjpdc78

And why Batman had a turnstile built in the bat cave . So he could enter and leave it legally in the batmobile.

I did not think it possible but I may have to scale down my choices for my air rifle. Turns out I may have to drive at least an 1 1/2 into PA to get to any that stock upgrades to Gamo and Hatsan. May have to settle for a Crosman, at least easy to get parts. I also checked another private FFL and they don't want to deal with a airgun transfer either. I guess I could try some retail stores, but they would rather sell you one of theirs.

Reactions: mightyox
Can you maybe call in a favor from a friend that's out of state and just have it shipped to them instead? I have Gamos, Hatsans and Crosmans, but if I had to negotiate the kind of obstacles you do in order to get an airgun I'd at least get something nice. Gamos, Hatsans and Crosmans are the airgun equivalents of a Dodge Neon. Maybe checkout Krale in the Netherlands. They're a massive retailer that's well known for having good prices and very fast shipping and they may not care about shipping to NJ.

Can you maybe call in a favor from a friend that's out of state and just have it shipped to them instead? I have Gamos, Hatsans and Crosmans, but if I had to negotiate the kind of obstacles you do in order to get an airgun I'd at least get something nice. Gamos, Hatsans and Crosmans are the airgun equivalents of a Dodge Neon. Maybe checkout Krale in the Netherlands. They're a massive retailer that's well known for having good prices and very fast shipping and they may not care about shipping to NJ.
Not sure if I'd take that route. Even if Krale was ignorant of NJ laws, chances are customs isn't. I've ordered lots of guns from Krale. Many of them were opened and repacked by customs. I never had a problem with anything from them.
If customs returns the gun to Krale you may be on the hook for the shipping both ways.

Maybe try to find a forum or air gun club member in a close neighboring state and work something out with them?

I did find one store in NJ that looked a bit better than some I've found. Maybe I'll take a drive tomorrow to scope them out. I'm going to copy the UPC numbers and model names/numbers down and any place I go to or call, I will ask if they can order it. I'm still hoping for something like a Beeman R9 or Weihrauch HW-50S.

https://www.airgundepot.com/beeman-r9-air-rifle.html
still made and a HW 95.
thumbnail_IMG_3990.jpg

Is the Beeman R9 an old designation no longer made? I went to the Beeman website and all the break barrels had 5 digit numbers. When I searched for an R9 none were found.
There are essentially two different Beemans now. One distributes Asian guns and the other the higher end German ones. May have been looking on wrong site.

Great gun you’ll enjoy it. Might find you didn’t buy enough pellets ;)
I'm sure I'll need more. I have a .22 LR bullet trap so I'll be able to play with that. I also have live in a rural area with a line of old trees across from my house. Every year the crows love them trees and the land behind them is protected farm land with no homes, plus I have a hunting license so I'll get plenty of practice in the spring.

Frogy thanks for the tip, on the AA8.44 pellets.

Reactions: .20calguy
I'm sure I'll need more. I have a .22 LR bullet trap so I'll be able to play with that. I also have live in a rural area with a line of old trees across from my house. Every year the crows love them trees and the land behind them is protected farm land with no homes, plus I have a hunting license so I'll get plenty of practice in the spring.

Frogy thanks for the tip, on the AA8.44 pellets.
It's a great gun for those conditions. I ran the numbers through a ballistics calculator a while back and with the H&N pellets it should only retain about 1 foot pound at 300 yards, but at 50 yards it should still have enough energy to kill crows.

It's a great gun for those conditions. I ran the numbers through a ballistics calculator a while back and with the H&N pellets it should only retain about 1 foot pound at 300 yards, but at 50 yards it should still have enough energy to kill crows.
I would go to the federal WMA's in each state (NJ) to practice my shotgunning and crows were perfect for that too. A friend of mine that didn't hunt asked me what I do with them. I said nuttin, there are coyotes, foxes, skunks, etc. that take care of it for me! :)