• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another new member

New member (sorry for the long post)

I have been interested in getting an air rifle for quite some time. I have never pulled the trigger though as I know almost nothing about the sport. For some reason I have always been attracted to PCP’s of which, the initial start up is a major drag.

In March, when the sky fell, I decided to make a purchase. However, the gun I was looking at, a regulated Huntsman, was out of stock everywhere. I filled my cart on AoA and sat on it for months (as no new stock seemed to be coming in). A little over a week ago, I saw that all of the basics I needed were in stock so I pulled the trigger on the purchase.

A day later I received a call from AoA. They said that they made a mistake and that they only had standard Huntsman’s in stock and it would be another 3-4 weeks to get a regulated gun. Disappointed, I asked them to cancel the order.

I then was doing research that took me to the Air Arms S10 xs. However, that gun also wasn't in stock. Thinking I was going to wait that long for the Huntsman anyway I came to the decision to purchase the AA rifle and just wait for it… Then, on Saturday I saw that AoA had posted the new Revere on their website. I gave it some thought over the night and on Sunday, I rebuilt the AoA cart and pulled the trigger on the Revere.

Today, I received a call from AoA stating that they had mistakenly sold rifles that they did not have in stock and that it would be another 10 days until they received them from the factory. I agreed to wait the extra 10 days thinking the AA was at least a month out. I figure, if I like the sport, I could always pick up the AA next month when they come in stock.

I ended up with the following:

-Daystate Revere 0.22

-Vortex Diamondback Tactical Scope

-Hill Pump

-Hugget Moderator with silver swirl

-Other various items (targets, pellets, adapters for the pump etc).

Hopefully I will like the hobby/sport. I own a long skinny 1.5 acre lot with lots of trees behind me. The plan is to do some shooting behind my house. My only neighbor is a little off his rocker and does everything illegal he possibly can… so he won’t care.

My wife might not be happy….. but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it (maybe Ill have a Revere for sale when it comes in…. ha).

So I figured I would just come in and introduce myself. I am sure I will have questions as I move along.

Welcome,

There is a wealth of knowledge on this site. Before you ask, you may want to search the archives first and most of the time you will find that your question has already been answered by someone else asking the same questions. Daystate makes good stuff. I have a Pulsar in .22 and a BSA R10 Huma Regulated with an aftermarket 500cc bottle. Hope you will enjoy the hobby. One great thing is that ammo is a lot cheaper. LOL

Welcome aboard & congrats on being smart enough to buy a quality piece of equipment to start off. This forum is so packed with knowledge, experience & generosity it never ceases to amaze me! Enjoy your trip down the rabbit hole. Watch out for that YO guy, I hear he's a bad influence! (YO, I tried to put a laughing emoji there but it didn't work) 

Well, first we will see if I like the hobby/sport. Then we will see if it rains pcp’s. Before it rains one would need a tank.... or a compressor or both.

what is the sense in having a gun you will never use? Seems like a waste of money. I would think having one in each caliber would be enough.

Ah! A man who thinks just like I do. Welcome my friend!!!!