Another New Impact Leak, asking for some guidance

My older impact that I have added a power plenum to has developed an unusual leak, so before I tear in to it I thought Id post a message for any do's or don'ts. The leak is around the front brass adaptor that plugs a machined hole through trigger block (ive located it at the end of the phillips screwdriver). Im pretty sure that part is A24 on the Impact exploded view. The rear brass plug is not leaking. (I did leak detect with windex) Probably the Oring (part A25) has gone bad. It lies immediately behind the bottle adaptor (part A23) that is on pretty tight, I think it may be lock tight(ed). Any suggestions would be appreciated especially removing the bottle adaptor. Ive attached the photo:

IMG_6573.jpg

Reactions: monstr2
Are you positive it's coming from the brass fitting? It could be coming from the seal between the bottle valve fitting & the breech block also but you're feeling the air leak near the brass piece. Just a thought. I had to replace that seal twice last week after tearing my Boss apart. It looks very similar.
Gerry52, when you replaced the brass plug, did you screw it in until it bottomed out?

There is an O-ring on that brass Screw!
yes but its not rubber, its some kind of plastic. I watched one of Earnest Rowe's videos and he said that he has had to replace a few of them and they are not rubber, they are some kind of hard plastic. I have a couple on order from FX they should arrive this week. I removed my old plastic o-ring this morning and it broke into several pieces. When I removed the plug, the head of it was flush with the block. My M3 has the same set-up and it is flush with the block. Ive attached a pict.
IMG_6630.jpg

On the bottle adapter, I use a 1/2” drive deep well 15/16 socket, but before even attempting that I drew up a sketch and had my 3D buddy make me a protective washer so the edge of the socket didn’t marr up the trigger block. Mine came off easily, just a quick tap on the ratchet handle with a rubber mallet broke it loose. I didn’t even have the trigger block clamped onto a vise; just had it laying sideways on a picnic table workbench.

AFA561B0-2AB5-42B9-85F5-EC99BBD7B82E.jpeg