Another journey begins

Had to stay home and wait on the FedEx guy today, as I had to sign for my Fx crown mk2 . Unfortunately it cost me 6hrs of vacation time, as their stated window is 9-5, arriving at most 10 minute before my normal end of day. Anyway on to the good stuff!

I happen to get my Vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24×50 ffp with EBR-2C in MOA and rings, so I was able to set up and do a little testing.

20210608_214033.1623205088.jpg

First thing I did was run through as many setup videos as I could, and have to thank Steve for the great info, as well as a few others. while having the stock off during adjustment, I decided to go with the Saber Tactical bottle clamp for my new accu-tac pc-4 bipod.

Anyway, got the NSA 20.2 slugs at around 930fps from the 500mm liner, testing both .217 and .2175, with the .2175 holding the best group on my limited 12yrd basement chrono and test range. I do have some fx hybrid slugs coming, and will be looking to find others to test in the 18-22gr range. I suspect that .218 might be the best size for this barrel, but will have to confirm it when I order some various samples. 

For the .2175 I got a high of 933 low of 929 and average of 930, as most shots duplicated the 930 value spitting out a SD =0 for the 9 shoot string.

As always, I appreciate any knowledge and experience that you guys offer, be it either past post I dig through or new information shared.