• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another Impact upgrade I MUST have.......doh!

Are we even sure the hold sensitivity is due to flex, and not just recoil and barrel-time of the projectile? My .30 at 92fpe has noticeable recoil movement. Slick bipod ski feet are on my list of things to experiment with.

Try shooting it with a regular grip on your trigger hand and then try it thumb up, with your thumb resting on the side of the receiver and see if there is a difference.

I like the idea of the 20 moa built in to it for my MK2 and if read it right it replaces the rail between the buttstock and action which could really stiffen the impact up and that's a good thing because you can torque it like a bow which can throw of your aim so I would say it would be a good thing has me thinking about one too now

yup! That’s why I hit the pre-order button even though it’s pretty damn ugly! 😓

To your point, just grab the rear stock and twist against the action or have the front supported by strong bipod with rear on the table then push down on the frame with your hand……you might just pre-order one too despite the look. 😂

Continue on @vetmx earlier work, this in black actually looks pretty good! They really should offer a shorter version! But this I like! 
D65277DA-C05A-45DB-9249-A79C2FA796B3.1653747695.jpeg

Don't take offense to this but.....you will not make the "backbone" from the Impact out of Titanium for $50 and definitely not with Inconel.

With tight embargoes on Russia the biggest producer of titanium good luck finding even a chuck of Ti for 50 bucks, prices have sky rocketed. 

then Ti has great tensile strength but not really structural strength for the weight Aluminum is still the better material for this application. Ti is great steel replacement but not aluminum replacement, the better or more ideal replacement would be carbon which has far greater structural strength for the weight compared to aluminum but that dream is dashed thanks to what is going on with China.

The backbone is genius, however not to my liking stylistically. Making it a "backbone" to stiffen the gun was cool, but to also have it serve as a cheek riser was superrrr well thought out!! Kudos!!! I think they could have taken it to an even better level and offered it with an ambi cheek piece.

I would love to see the Backbone and the Saber TRS have a baby!! (All cool sounding names are escaping me at the moment but feel free to give it a shot) 

AC611EC8-8383-4E7D-BAC7-8D87F11C8F11.1654220689.jpeg
155A36C6-2BF3-44B7-8D97-C6CFFF8EBFFD.1654220690.jpeg
I’ve been following this thread?. I have customized every gun I have owned, why!, because I wanted to or because I thought it would make it more useful for my type of shooting or because I believed it would improve the guns abilities.

The one I’m customizing now is my RAW HM1000x - Gray ops arca rail, removed embarrassing moderator and CF barrel sleeve that would spin on the barrel when you twisted it! I then bought a new full length CF shroud epoxied it in place and also epoxied in place a threaded adapter for a moderator. Did I need to do this? Probably not? But I wanted to and thought I might see a improvement because of it.

Bottom line is, I can do this to have more confidence in my gun and If I want to spend the money I will.

Reactions: mubhaur