• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another hurricane heading to Florida

I live in cape coral the center of last years hurricane. Most people have ptsd from Ian still and here we go again.

Let's hope she doesn't build too much but the waters in the gulf have been steaming hot this summer.

I'm a project manager in construction and we are still punching some renovation jobs from last September.

Keep fingers crossed

Screenshot_20230828_220050_MyRadar.jpg

In my country we've had a fair share of floods in the last month, it was crazy, a lot of people lost their homes to floods and hurricanes, nevermind the tornado that passed through a city to the east and nearly cleared it off the planets' surface. Yesterday, my entire home town got flooded and there were mud slides and avalanches all over the state. Even myself living in the hills had my room flooded, the roof was leaking. However, before the storm started the whole scene out the window looked like something out of the movie Twister, it was high noon and it was dark! I literally thought a solar eclipse occured and the sun went dark, but then remembered that we're not going to see another one till' 2086 or something like that.

Anyway, I wish you all the best and hope you'll make it out alright!!!

Reactions: mr_nom_noms_
Friday, Aug 25th 12:30am, Mentor, Ohio.
An EF1 hopscotched down my street shearing of trees 20 feet off the ground like a machete.
Picture is across the street from me. House was vacant, being refurbed by a flipper. Over the deep freeze last December the water lines froze in the house and sprayed water for 20 days till I walked over and put my ear to the wall and heard it. Water was everywhere. Now they have to start over because rain poured in for several hours.

72ADB55F-02B4-4B94-B443-8087A3DD7410.jpeg

661C21C1-DFBA-47A4-94D3-F85EAD1C5E1E.jpeg

F9ADB62D-FA1E-4247-9907-6BC5D54A593A.jpeg

In still on Ceder Key but leaving shortly. My house is on high ground in a no flood zone...we are going to test thst theory...Can't take all my guns so I put them on a shelf and said good by...gotta' go now wish us luck and prayers.View attachment 384449
Good luck, I'm about an hour or so north of you by live oak, gonna see what she brings!

In still on Ceder Key but leaving shortly. My house is on high ground in a no flood zone...we are going to test thst theory...Can't take all my guns so I put them on a shelf and said good by...gotta' go now wish us luck and prayers.View attachment 384449
Good luck Russell. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you packed up and took your Theobens with you, especially the SLRs. We will chat when all the excitement is over.

Good luck Russell. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you packed up and took your Theobens with you, especially the SLRs. We will chat when all the excitement is over.
Got all the Collectable Theobens a HW97 .177 tuned by Lewis the Veteran and Steyr Pro X all we had room for...The Wolverine and two Huntsmans a blue laminate .20 97 the Mini Carbine and my Bobcat had to stay at two different properties...the house is solid if it dosn't flood and the trailer property isn't in flood danger if it doesn't blow a way...with my new compressor in it....just don't want anyone to get hurt...First feeder band just hit in Lskeland Fla. Ceder Key is at the bottom of the red cone at the coast.
Screenshot_20230829_154739_The Weather Channel.jpg

Reactions: mr_nom_noms_
Just devastating. We got a decent amount of wind and rain plus a few feet of surge here in Lee county but it kind of trundled past us in the gulf of mexico.

The place is torn up still from Ian and my thoughts and prayers go out to those effected by this one. I hope you all get your lives back on track as soon as you can.