Another happy yong Heng owner

@Ezana4CE, the dark gold filter is a primary gross water separator and the light gold filter is filled with molecular sieve to collect the water vapor. Both "seem" to be working well- at least I hope so. I haven't had any problems with any of my tanks so far. The blower puts out a huge amount of air as compared to a standard fan. It was just under $50 on Amazon and well worth it for its cooling effect (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WNYB65S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Honestly, I don't know if this is the right thing to do or not, but it certainly seems to be doing a good job based on comparative measurements. 

By the way, I also have the YH sitting on a little vibration dampening device I made using isolation springs typically used for subwoofers (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091Y5ZRNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and a sheet of metal. Again, I don't know if this ultimately makes any difference or not, but reducing any unnecessary vibration is probably not a bad thing. Again, not very expensive, but possibly helpful.

@Ezana4CE, the dark gold filter is a primary gross water separator and the light gold filter is filled with molecular sieve to collect the water vapor. Both "seem" to be working well- at least I hope so. I haven't had any problems with any of my tanks so far. The blower puts out a huge amount of air as compared to a standard fan. It was just under $50 on Amazon and well worth it for its cooling effect (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WNYB65S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Honestly, I don't know if this is the right thing to do or not, but it certainly seems to be doing a good job based on comparative measurements. 

By the way, I also have the YH sitting on a little vibration dampening device I made using isolation springs typically used for subwoofers (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091Y5ZRNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and a sheet of metal. Again, I don't know if this ultimately makes any difference or not, but reducing any unnecessary vibration is probably not a bad thing. Again, not very expensive, but possibly helpful.

@jmarkreed Gotcha. Thanks for the response. At some point external airflow across the motor has to be overkill, but if that blower pushes it toward that threshold at least it’s doing as much as possible to help keep temps down. As for the filters, do you monitor relative humidity in the room that you operate your compressor? If so, what range is the humidity typically in? You have a creative setup. It seems that @biohazardman has started something with the Yongy owners on AGN. 

What do you guys do with the water and water pump after you're done pumping? I'm just pumping up rifles, so I'm only running the compressor for a couple minutes (at most). I'm afraid if I leave the bucket full of water and the pump sitting in water (in case the stainless steel components aren't really stainless). But it seems kind of a waste to just throw out the water. Ideas?

Thanks, @ezana4ce, I don't monitor the ambient humidity, but I live in Mississippi so I know it's high. I have my set up in an enclosed "workroom" in which I run an air conditioner. I also use ice in the water bucket. When I'm finished, I take a little bottle of compressed air to blow out the chamber the water circulates through. Again, I don't know if any of this ultimately helps, but I don't see any harm in it. I'm just trying to preserve this thing as long as I can. 

I've had my YH for over 4 years without a rebuild and regularly fill my three 30 min. SCBA's from 3000 psi to 4200 psi. My temps never get over 45C and I use Mobil 827 Rarus oil. I use lots of ice directly in the water bucket and found that this keeps the temperature much cooler than using ice packs. I also use the large gold filter with a check valve on the intake side to conserve air when purging moisture from the system. I would like to find some sort of heat sinks for the stainless air tubes as they get very hot. A fan blowing on them helps.

I found some heat sinks on eBay that I silicones on to the air tubes. With a fan blowing on the back of the compressor the air tubes stay much cooler.
6E3C933C-390B-45DA-BC08-DEF013614C7A.1645061496.jpeg

@jmarkreed I believe that keeping the relative humidity low helps preserve the filters and compressor. We don’t want moist air in our tanks and guns. Maybe try using an inexpensive hygrometer to monitor the ambient temperature and relative humidity in the room you operate your compressor. I’m in east Texas and it’s humid here as well. I use a dehumidifier to keep the humidity down around 30%-35% where I run my compressor. An air conditioner acts as a dehumidifier at least when it’s running. At least this is according to my understanding.

Edited to add the following: Information in the following link explains some of this better than I can. https://blog.parker.com/site/usa/en-US/details-home-page/facts-you-need-to-know-about-drying-compressed-air-us The “What does ‘drying’ compressed air entail?” section is may be helpful in understanding the importance of what I’m trying to communicate. 

Stretch,

After use I remove water pump and hoses, then, using an upright garage compressor, blow out brass fittings on YH, and water pump. I set water bucket next to washing machine and add it on wash day. (No small kids in my household so no chance of accidental drowning.) Saw a video of an exposed water jacket, on a year old YH, with corrosion caused by water. I find a few air blasts into the brass fittings pushes water out fairly well, so hopefully can limit corrosion. WM

Madeintheuk,

Bio, our resident Yong Heng expert, helped me in a big way, too. Can't say enough about his valuable service to the AGN community. I consider him, and about a dozen others, as the "good soul" of this forum. TN-Yankee is correct, Bio now recommends SecoLube 500, although he used Husky synthetic for two years, with no problem, it's just that SecoLube is more appropriate for HPA. I'll include a picture of my Bio-inspired set-up as well as three suggestions. Number One, use water-filled frozen plastic bottles in cooling water, placed ahead of time. (I use two green, 1 qt. Lemon juice bottles.) Number Two, run additional fan on compressor during use and after shut-down, to aid cool down. Number three, space out filling items to allow compressor to cool, with extra fan and cooling water, between fill-ups. I overheated mine filling three guns in a row, now I space them out, making sure all parts of the compressor are well cooled before re-start. Best of Luck and Well Done, WMView attachment 195357
Which husky synthetic was he using for 2 years the blend, or the full synthetic I see both bottle of home depot full synthetic 15 dollars 5 more than the blend , I think the full synthetic would be the choice right.? Is there much of a difference.?

https://filtertechs.com/shop/oil-media/compressor-oil/cl-581815-lq/ has a gallon for about $79 shipped. Pricey still, but much better than Amazon, and not too much more than the $8/pint Husky full synthetic (equates to almost $70/gallon with tax for me).
Lucky to yall to are closer to florida im about as far as you can get besides alaska im in washington over here imagine alaska you would get charged hard I was charged 23 dollars for shipping cuz im so far an that gallon of oil is HEAVY so UPS charged arm an a leg for shipping to it would be less if I was closer like in texas id probably get around 85 total cost or sumthin like that for me its 95 dollars I bet, An if your in alaska its around 60 dollars thats like the price of the bottle its self, Check out the shipping costs for Anchorage, Alaska thats crazy I got hit with 23 but alaska airgun shooters who want secolube man thats kinda unfortunate how much they charge to ship a heavy gallon over that far.
secolube.PNG

Which husky synthetic was he using for 2 years the blend, or the full synthetic I see both bottle of home depot full synthetic 15 dollars 5 more than the blend , I think the full synthetic would be the choice right.? Is there much of a difference.?
If I recall correctly, Bio used Husky Blend Air Compressor oil for initial one-hour break-in, then Husky Full Synthetic from then on. I did the same buying Husky Blend for $7.99 (16 oz.) and Husky Full Synthetic $9.99 (16 oz.) on eBay, free shipping. The flash point is important, higher the better, Husky Full Synthetic @ 460-degree F, no longer have bottle but Husky Synthetic blend wasn't as high, SecoLube500@ 520-degree F. WM

Reactions: MarksmanPete
If I recall correctly, Bio used Husky Blend Air Compressor oil for initial one-hour break-in, then Husky Full Synthetic from then on. I did the same buying Husky Blend for $7.99 (16 oz.) and Husky Full Synthetic $9.99 (16 oz.) on eBay, free shipping. The flash point is important, higher the better, Husky Full Synthetic @ 460-degree F, no longer have bottle but Husky Synthetic blend wasn't as high, SecoLube500@ 520-degree F. WM
Checked Home Depot website and Husky Synthetic Blend Air Compressor Oil has a Flash Point of 399 degrees F, not high enough, IMO, for full time use. WM

Reactions: MarksmanPete