Another happy yong Heng owner

So I purchased a yong Heng last month by recommendations from some close air gun friends, as well as a lot of research here. I opted to buy from Walmart with the 4yr warranty they offer. 
well, it sat for over 4 weeks till I finally had a chance to set it up and play with it this past weekend. I used the husky synthetic compressor fluid by recommendation from biohazardman (who has the most in depth and extensive yong Heng writup you’ll ever need. Thanks again!). I hooked it up to a water supply and did a dry run first. I then dead headed the hose and ran it to check for leaks. All good. Now to try it on a gun. 
I chose my leshiy 2 with stock tube based on the size,and away I went. Well, it took exactly 13 seconds to fill my leshiy 2 from 180bar to 280bar. that’s. CRAZY FAST even for such a small reservoir. 
ok, so next is to try my 45min scab bottle. So I hook it up, set my timer, and start it up. I decided to run for 5mins, then allow cool down for 10mins, and the fire it up again. It took 2 cycles (a total of 10 running minutes) to fill my bottle from about 2800psi to about 410psi where I stopped. I didn’t feel the need to keep going at this point, but to see that I’m overwhelmingly happy with this purchase is an understatement. I’ve been worried about this purchase for quite some time. Even to the point of saving to get a coltri or daystate. A good friend told me to get the yong Heng, and use it for a couple years while I save for an alkin. I’m glad I took his advice. 
a very happy yong Heng owner here!

Reactions: Smitty911
I received my Tuxing compressor a few weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to do anything with it other than pressure tests as you did. @biohazardman used to recommend the Husky synthetic compressor oil, but he's moved to the SecoLube 500 or equivalent camp. I had already bought 2 bottle of the Husky, so my plan is to use it for the 1st & 2nd oil changes, just a few hours apart, then buy some SecoLube.

Reactions: Smitty911
I received my Tuxing compressor a few weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to do anything with it other than pressure tests as you did. @biohazardman used to recommend the Husky synthetic compressor oil, but he's moved to the SecoLube 500 or equivalent camp. I had already bought 2 bottle of the Husky, so my plan is to use it for the 1st & 2nd oil changes, just a few hours apart, then buy some SecoLube.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll look into it. 

For most PCP'ers "air independence" is a no brainer. I was concerned before buying my YH but have been extremely happy I did. I baby the crap outa mine as "disposable income" is an oxymoron here. Keep it cool, don't fill tanks from empty if possible & don't push it past 4250-4300psi MAX & it should serve its intended purpose. Enjoy!

Congrats on the YH. I bought one as well not very long ago and love it. I have used it to direct fill two pcps on a regular basis and even filled a 74 CuFt tank to 4500psi a couple of times. The tank filling will not be the bulk of it's work......for me any way. I think its a bit hard on it. But it did it!!

I'm a very happy YH owner as well.........can't be beat for the money in my opinion. 

BTW......as far as oil. I also use the Seco Lube 500. It's designed specifically for high pressure compressors. 

Madeintheuk,

Bio, our resident Yong Heng expert, helped me in a big way, too. Can't say enough about his valuable service to the AGN community. I consider him, and about a dozen others, as the "good soul" of this forum. TN-Yankee is correct, Bio now recommends SecoLube 500, although he used Husky synthetic for two years, with no problem, it's just that SecoLube is more appropriate for HPA. I'll include a picture of my Bio-inspired set-up as well as three suggestions. Number One, use water-filled frozen plastic bottles in cooling water, placed ahead of time. (I use two green, 1 qt. Lemon juice bottles.) Number Two, run additional fan on compressor during use and after shut-down, to aid cool down. Number three, space out filling items to allow compressor to cool, with extra fan and cooling water, between fill-ups. I overheated mine filling three guns in a row, now I space them out, making sure all parts of the compressor are well cooled before re-start. Best of Luck and Well Done, WM
IMG_20211120_114013.1644981628.jpg

Bio,

When filling I run fan from side, as shown, during cool down period I reposition, blowing on compressor front. This cools tubing, aluminum blocks and crankcase area while water pumping cools second stage. The compressor is "stuck" in that position due to top extending into upper shelf molded supports, so fan won't fit behind. Only currently filling guns, which YH handles quickly and easily, staying cool as long as I space them out. I frequently check the cotton insert on the black YH filter, as you suggest, however, always dry. Think that $125 copper-colored water separator is a good investment for a humid fill station. Thanks for all your help, WM

I guess I didn’t read far enough into lube options for it. Seems the husky synthetic is a thing of the past. I’ll grab some of the seco lube when it’s time for an oil change. I’m shocked at the price though. Even Amazon is $127 for a gallon!! Must be really good stuff!!

It is only $30 a quart and a quart is three oil changes. After the first change it needs changed once a year so it should last two or three years.

It does not smell awful like the other oils either.

I've had my YH for over 4 years without a rebuild and regularly fill my three 30 min. SCBA's from 3000 psi to 4200 psi. My temps never get over 45C and I use Mobil 827 Rarus oil. I use lots of ice directly in the water bucket and found that this keeps the temperature much cooler than using ice packs. I also use the large gold filter with a check valve on the intake side to conserve air when purging moisture from the system. I would like to find some sort of heat sinks for the stainless air tubes as they get very hot. A fan blowing on them helps.

Bio,

Information noted, I'll keep an eye out for a smaller fan that fits behind. Agreed, only highly filtered air for my PCPs, early days hand pumping of Gauntlet led to unwanted moisture, lesson learned. 

Elguapo99,

That's the other downside of my filling station, burning arms on hot tubes when shutting down compressor. I'm more careful now, but they sure get hot! Also, check valves have not been ruled out, especially if SCBAs are in the future. WM

I completely agree with @biohazardman regarding posterior ventilation. Since I had my YH, I made detailed records each time I've used it including maximal temperatures based on the temp gauge and measurements taken with a digital infrared thermometer. Recently, I removed the round black cover over the posterior fan and placed a Lasko high velocity blower directed into the cavity of the unit. That alone dropped the temperature between 7-10 degrees Fahrenheit, and I was able to go longer than previously. I also use a high speed fan directed to the top of the unit, although I'm not sure how much difference it makes. This is my setup. So far, I am very pleased with the YH. 

IMG_5586.1645028339.jpg

I completely agree with @biohazardman regarding posterior ventilation. Since I had my YH, I made detailed records each time I've used it including maximal temperatures based on the temp gauge and measurements taken with a digital infrared thermometer. Recently, I removed the round black cover over the posterior fan and placed a Lasko high velocity blower directed into the cavity of the unit. That alone dropped the temperature between 7-10 degrees Fahrenheit, and I was able to go longer than previously. I also use a high speed fan directed to the top of the unit, although I'm not sure how much difference it makes. This is my setup. So far, I am very pleased with the YH. 

IMG_5586.1645028339.jpg

@jmarkeeed The blower seems to be an intersting idea for air cooling. Did you double up the filter tubes? If so, do both tubes hold the exact same filtration media? Have you noticed a benefit to doing so?