Another Happy and amazed collegue

I had a little fun yesterday moving store fixtures from one location to another, I am blessed to be working for and with an individual who enjoys Air Rifles and we have used some open property to create a great shooting range. 

This week we have been moving store fixtures out of a store into storage at the range and the manager of the store who has shown interest in the air rifles from the day we met was helping me move. Since it was our last load of the day and I had my Big Bores loaded in the truck I took her to the range to let her shoot them. 

Sitting a Pine 2x6 out at 50 yards she nailed it with a group less than 2 inches and tore it up then proceeded to make some music on a steel gong target at 75 yards

She had a blast and I am about 30 rounds lighter in ammo LOL I almost had to fight to get my .357 Bulldog back I lucked out on only having a few rounds for the Texan because she really liked how it would blast through boards

I love the look and light in the eye a newcomer gets she enjoyed shooting but did not like the kick and noise of a firearm. These Big Bores fit the bill perfectly. 

P.S

I am also blessed with a loving wife who knows I will always be faithful so I can enjoy sharing my hobby with both sexes and not worry about her being concerned 

Shabbat shalom Willie, that's a great story about you introducing someone into the sport. I know it is great to see the look on their faces when they fire a modern high end pellet gun for the first time and when they have a little bit of accuracy along the way it makes for a truly joyous occasion.

I had the opportunity to do that with the whole police department in SC about 2 years ago. The cops were called the first time when I was out in a plowed up soybean field of about 400 acres. Some girl, living by herself, called the cops on me for firing a high powered rifle out in that field. Told the cops that it was an automatic weapon and that I was spraying bullets all over the place and to please come out because she feared for her life with all the lead flying. Cops arrived in full SWAT gear thinking they had a wacko on the loose. Actually I was sitting in a portable chair with the gun on a portable table shooting at my steel targets at about 125 yards with a Wildcat gen 1. Had my air tank out there and everything. I was a little taken aback by their attitude at first, but then when they told me what had been reported to them by the girl … I guess their attitude was understandable. But when they heard the muzzle report of the Wildcat with a Sumo on it, they got a big smile on their faces just shook their heads. They never thought that a pellet gun could hold that degree of accuracy to that distance. They asked if they could shoot it some and I was more than willing to let them, since it was apparent that I wasn't going to be spending the night in the POKEY. Every time they hit those steel targets and heard the pellet splatter they laughed and giggled like a couple of little boys

I told them that the wife and I would be spending the night at my mother-in-law's house as she had just passed away earlier that week and were there to help clean the house up for re-sale ... and that we were planning on having steaks cooked on the grill and if they wanted to, they would be more than welcome to come and have supper with us under the trees when they got off duty this evening. They said "GREAT!" But first they had to pay a visit to the girl who had made the accusation … something about it being unlawful to make false complaints to the police department indicating that they had an "active shooter situation" ongoing and people's lives being endangered, and a full automatic high powered rifle being fired, spraying every thing in sight.

True to their word, the cops arrived about 6 PM in the evening and they brought along practically the whole police department with them. Luckily, when Betty passed away, she had a whole freezer full of meat so we just kept the grill going and everyone had plenty to eat. Aferward, the cops all went back out into the soybean field with me and all got to shoot the Wildcat … and the reactions were the same as earlier in the day. A perfect ending to almost a perfect day.

You are truly blessed to have such an understanding wife, it says much about you … and her … it is a Ketivah tovah … a good inscription in the book of life

Shalom berakhah vetovah

John

1577557292_5432854765e079d2c629cb1.45854237_IMG_1313.jpg
1577557292_3310391265e079d2caf92c1.44112671_IMG_1318.jpg