• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another FX Impact with issues :(

Posted this yesterday in another thread yesterday, but will start my own to update the progress. Here is the the report....

Add me to the list Michael. I received a .30 cal and got exactly 23 shots through it before it started pissing air through the valve area. Add to that the barrel sits too far back when the set screw is tightened and the mag can’t be inserted. Add to that the picatinny rail fail and add to that the fill port fail. This gun is not ready for prime time.. I can pretty much guarantee a lot more pissed Impact owners in the near future from various failures, but hey I hope I’m wrong. Now I have to deal with AOA’s unreliable warranty service. Sometimes great, sometimes terrible. The one thing I feared buying this gun. Should have just waited, but didn’t think it could be this bad…..

I would rather return the rifle for fear of further issues, but since I love so much about it, Jim at Precision
convinced me to let AOA repair it.
This is the mag after I adjusted the barrel as much as I could to get it in. Very tight. Works, but rubbing too hard on the aluminium. 
5kg85s.jpg

And air leak from here....
2mxusi.jpg

Wow, I can hardly believe this. I remember when some people was having problems with their Colibri, I thought this would never happen with FX products. I am a big fan of FX and know they will fix anything that arises , but why should it arise so soon. R&D should have fixed the glitches early on, and what about QC? . My FX Royale has digested thousands of rounds and been hauled up & down nearly every ridge in Eastern WV for over 6 years and not a a single issue. The rifle is 100% perfect. Please keep us posted, I was going to get a Wildcat, even bought the magazine holder for the stock, but may wait a little while longer.

There appears to be more complaints about the quality and reliability of FX products lately, have they dropped the ball? I have a 2yr old Royale 400 that has not had an issue (did have to replace a breech o-ring but that's to be expected ) after several thousand pellets but the Royale 500 I recently purchased was sent back almost a month ago without firing a single pellet and I most likely won't see the replacement until the New Year, I feel your pain ChronicDaze.

"Nutcracker"Wow, I can hardly believe this. I remember when some people was having problems with their Colibri, I thought this would never happen with FX products. I am a big fan of FX and know they will fix anything that arises , but why should it arise so soon. R&D should have fixed the glitches early on, and what about QC? . My FX Royale has digested thousands of rounds and been hauled up & down nearly every ridge in Eastern WV for over 6 years and not a a single issue. The rifle is 100% perfect. Please keep us posted, I was going to get a Wildcat, even bought the magazine holder for the stock, but may wait a little while longer.
ive shot 2-3 tins of 18.13's thru my wildcat with no hickups.

Picatinny rail issue.... http://airgunnation.dev/topic/fx-impact-ronin001/page/2/

Pretty much impossible to use any other foster fitting with the fill port because the hole is cut too small.
The one FX sends with the gun works, but is still a PITA.
Unless you have very small and very strong fingers it's a chore to get it off.
Either FX or Daystate had this exact issue a few years ago on a new model.
Can't remember the gun, but after a couple months they started shipping ones with the hole enlarged.

Honestly....I would wait.

Sorry to hear this.

For the record I love my FX Boss .30 - it is an amazing rifle on all counts and very well made to boot! This has to be an early adopter issue IMHO since it is not typical of FX quality.

Hopefully FX will step up to the plate on this one (via AOA their US rep) and turn you into another satisfied FX fan.

I'm not sure where you heard that AOA's warranty service was unreliable? (Although I do know that they often seem to be VERY busy).

Anyway, my Daystate Wolverine Special Edition also had a "teething problem" related to an improperly finished transfer port because of action parts that Daystate had received. Kip at AOA resolved my problem 100% and my Wolverine is now a firm favourite in my collection - a real tack driver.

Right now this must really suck on a new rifle but I'm sure that your problem will also be addressed to your satisfaction.

In any case keep us all posted and hang in there.

Robert

Huge FX fan also and having seen and watched several close friends send back there Impact due to several problems from barrel issues to de-gassing to magazine issues it makes you wonder if they rushed this one threw. I sure hope not and assume they will recall the impact and resolve the many issues. FX is a good company and im sure they will do something to right the ship.

Guys, there is no excuse in shipping out rifles with this many problems! I can see there being an issue or two but these things are not cheap. Lets face it, $1800 for a pellet gun is expensive! They should be thoroughly tested and basically flawless when they leave Sweden. I know FX will make it right, but what about the frustration and inconvenience? It seems like they just want to pump them out, get the money, fix it later. Just my opinion.