Another DIY pellet trap idea

Everyone (well most of us anyway) needs a pellet trap. I wanted something with a handle so I could easily carry and move it around.
I had saved a plastic cat litter container to use for something. I was about to throw it out and that's when I saw the cat on the cover and thought that it looks to be about the size of a small grey squirrel....
Next thing you know, I'm at the sand pile and filling the container to the top. I screwed on the lid and took it out to the sight in range (aka the driveway). At about 20yds I let loose with my .25cal Avenger. The container took all the shots and not one got through! Yes, we have a cheap pellet trap!
Now I have a couple on the "range".
Once I've had my fun shooting the cat I'll tape up targets and keep going. The only time I've had a pass through was when I shot high on the container and the sand had settled enough to let it through(the shot under the handle is an example).

Maintenance? When it leaks too much, tape it up and add sand.

At some point before it totally spills it's guts, I'll empty it and collect the lead.

As long as my cat survives, I'll have a supply for the target range!

E73831C2-CBD4-488A-98A1-FBA875C0E079_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Keep an eye out for any cubes with a side length of more than 10 inches. Do not throw them away. Fill them with small bags of sand or dirt, which can safely absorb the energy generated by the 1000fps buckshot impact. If sand and dirt are not available, fill cardboard boxes with discarded printed matter, decomposed cardboard boxes, and whatever "recyclable" waste you can find. In this way, you can get 6 square facades with a side length of 10 inches, paste the printed target paper, and replace the other facade after printing one side, until finally scrapped, thrown into the recyclable trash can, all of which have holes in the carton for printables :)

WeChatb2ef4368ea69c3924059e9c9b6a4e305.jpeg