• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another dawg bites the dust just now

I just took a 10 yard body shot on this small coyote. It fell over. Reviewed video. As far as the 5 seconds of fame. You will see I killed it with the body shot. Easy.

Now the animal is about 30lbs.small.

Used Nsa 38.5 grain slugs @910 fps. 10 yard shot. Just rolled over and died after a few twitches.

Will process video in the next few days. Maybe include some skwirrel

Airgun is FX impact m3 25 cal

Was a frontal shot. Animal facing directly towards me

PXL_20221009_033028762.jpg

Congratulations! Neck shot ending up DRT makes more sense to me than a lengthwise body shot. The only two of 18 squirrels I've shot with my main 25 that ran were with lengthwise body shots. They did not go far but I think they make kill more slowly than a shot through at least one shoulder. In the data I keep I group neck shots with head shots. Both seem to kill very quickly. I've even had squirrels do the brain dance after a neck shot - clearly I hit the spine.

Reactions: sasquatch
that shot on coyote was damn quick one! too good timing there @sasquatch :ninja:
Yes it was something I've had time to think out, beforehand. I don't get many opportunities but I knew if a smaller dog likenwas the teaget that I would try a neck or frontal shot, given the energy output. I basically didn't even think about it much since I've seen this one on my cameras for months. So I knew it was a frequent visitor 👍

• Love
Reactions: SoulSniper