• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another custom Leshiy

Here goes another EDgun Leshiy with custom barrel. The barrel is 7.62/.30cal and is 22" long. Around 790fps with 44.75gr JSB's. It is pretty hard to shoot and very hold sensitive because of the front heaviness that comes with the long barrel. Not the most accurate gun out there, but still lot's of fun!

Longer barrel also dampens the muzzle report pretty well plus there's huge amount of volume inside the shroud with the OEM moderator (4 extension pieces put together 😁), so the gun is extremely quiet. To my ears, flight noise of the .30cal pellet is more disturbing than the low-pitched report from the muzzle.

1549564261_11614915895c5c79654019d3.06606832_leshiy762.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0GmDvVNvFo

Jeez, 790 fps is quite low for 22" of barrel....any more details on this air gun? regulated or avg shot pressure? Pre-shot volume? Port size? I like the idea of the build but...something is hindering performance, and I am curious as to what. I am guessing Pre-shot volume is low...but for a 22" barrel you should be sending those 44.75's at much greater speeds unless you personally tuned for lower fps and prefer that. Nothing wrong with the current velocity, but its seemingly low for 22" of barrel.

Jeez, 790 fps is quite low for 22" of barrel....any more details on this air gun? regulated or avg shot pressure? Pre-shot volume? Port size? I like the idea of the build but...something is hindering performance, and I am curious as to what. I am guessing Pre-shot volume is low...but for a 22" barrel you should be sending those 44.75's at much greater speeds unless you personally tuned for lower fps and prefer that. Nothing wrong with the current velocity, but its seemingly low for 22" of barrel.

Yep you're right, the fps is low for the barrel length, main reason being the regulator plenum size, which is not meant for larger calibers. Probably by increasing the barrel length from this point will decrease the velocity or doesn't affect at all as the pressure behind the pellet is very low at the end of the barrel. By increasing the plenum volume and/or increasing regulated pressure would increase velocity but drastically reduce the shot count, which is already quite low. If I remember correctly, the cylinder size is only 67cc.

Thanks @mtnGhost

Regulator is maxed to around 150bar. Bigger plenum should definitely help and I think the barrel which is 22" now, is too long for the pressure/plenum combo. For the stock plenum and reg maxed out, I think optimal barrel length is around 18".

I have to keep myself from trying one of the Russian unregulated Leshiy kits, which I'm told overcomes those challenges 👀